Six

This chapter is dedicated to Rosa_9614

Thank you for being so supportive and active on Love Gaze !!!

Don't worry, I'll get to everyone in the future!

---

Mike's POV

It took me almost a month to get his number. I was worried fo some reason. I kept thinking that he'd say no, that we wouldn't need to contact each other apart from school times. 

So, when he did say yes, I was grinning so bad. He couldn't see it though. I didn't know what to think of that.

I was relived that he didn't see my face. What if he thought I was a creep for being so excited about getting a phone number? But then, it kind of sucked that he didn't see it. I wanted him to know how much it meant to me.

That one word, sure, was like a green light.

I know, I have a girlfriend and all, but I couldn't help it. Being with Justin just brought out the best in me. Whenever he smiled at my jokes, it made me so happy. I was the one who made his day brighter for a few seconds.

Currently, it was half way through the term. I talked to Justin on the phone twice in the past, all to just say good morning and ask if he needed a ride.

Today, I wanted to talk to him. It sounded weird, but that's the truth. I really wanted to click on his name and press the phone sign. But, the only problem, I didn't know what to say.

It was night, after eleven and I couldn't go to sleep. Normally, I wouldn't care but, ever since Justin came into my life, I woke up early to get to school. Which meant, I had to sleep on time.

"Would he be sleeping?" I asked myself. I was alone in my room, Lara and mum probably already sleeping.

Of course he would be idiot, it's almost midnight. The only idiot who's not sleeping is you.

That was my conscious. He comes whenever I'm feeling sarcastic enough to bang my head on the wall.

Call? Or not? Call? Or not?

My finger hovered over his number and I sighed, dropping my hand. It was getting tired from holding up for so long. Getting ready to just lay their and sleep when sleep comes, my heart literally jumped out of my chest when I heard the faint sound of ringing.

Taking the phone in my hand again, my eyes popped out of their sockets when I realized that the call was going for Justin. Just my luck, before I could press end, the faint whisper of his sweet voice made me freeze.

Hello?

I let a heavy breath out before putting the phone near my ear.

Hello? Mike?

"Y-yeah?"

Oh, can you hear me? There was a pause. You called.

"Y-yeah, just... wanted to... say hi?" Nice going Mike, well done.

In the middle of the night?

Instead of getting myself more embarrassed, I decided to change the subject. "You don't sound like you were sleeping."

Oh, yeah. I couldn't go to sleep so I was reading when you called.

"Right, that's a good thing to do. Read, when you can't sleep." Why didn't I think of that? "Wait, you're reading?"