Two

POV: Quinlan

For some reason, I'm feeling bad that she left.

I glanced at my clock and it was 14:45 already.

I wonder if she could really get me to therapy class.

Bella will be there.

I tear my sore eyes away from the book and I rotate myself towards the Kobe Bryant poster at the back of my bedroom door.

Why is it closed?

She doesn't know I can't open doors, and that mom always leaves the door open.

Now I'm trapped in here, great.

I bump into the door, so I can try and get hold of the handle with my left wrist.

And all of a sudden, the door opened and I backed away from it.

"Sorry."

Cara crouched down in front of me, brushing off my knees that were a bit bruised.

"I'm fine. Rule one, never close doors in the house."

She mumbled and "Ok", and I tried to ignore her, despite that my heart is now beating so fast it's making me tremble.

Why am I feeling this way?

I like Bella.

I like Bella.

Cara is just my caretaker.

"Hey, wait."

For some cause, I stopped pushing the controller with my wrist, and she took over the wheelchair.

I pause when she stops by the 4by4 Audi that my dad used to drive before he passed.

"This one?"

She dangled the keys noisily.

"No. The Mercedes, dimwit."

I heard a distant "oh" and she unlocked the car, and the ramps automatically prepared themselves for my boarding.

Buckling me up, I smell the scent of her perfume when she leans closer to me, adjusting my seat belts.

It was the smell of fresh ocean water.

A salty refresher.

"Is this ok?"

I don't respond because I'm nervous and I stutter when I'm nervous.

My eyes move away.

She gives me a sigh and she closes the boot door, and we were on our way to Bella.

——————————-0

"Quinn! Haven't seen you since two weeks ago! Hello, who are you, may I ask?" The sound of Bella's voice excites me.

I hear Cara's soft voice from behind.

"I'm Cara, Quinn's personal assistant."

"She's just my caretaker. Nothing more, Bella." I added.

I can see the protectiveness in Bella's eyes.

"I see. Let us proceed."

Stopping by one of the separate areas of the studio, Bella kneels down next to me, gesturing to take my neck brace off.

I try not to speak too aggressively as to not startle her.

"Bella, the doctor said not to removed the-"