Chapter 27: Master Pakku

Heyyyyyy. Sorry about the late chapter, I was binge watching Attack on Titan and GRIEVING over it, so yeah. That's why. Anyways, I hope you enjoy as always and happy reading!

Presenting......

|Master Pakku|

I return to the hut after a whole day of worthless time wasting. Literally. I spent the whole day just wandering around the village; I think I know it better than my name now. I look up at the illuminating moon in the night and sigh, shaking my head. 

I walk inside and find everyone else laying down on their sleeping bags, and for a second I think they're sleeping.

"Guys?" They turn around, looking at me with great defeat written on their faces, matching me.

"Hey," Katara says, hinting annoyance in her tone.

"So how was your day?" I ask flatly.

"Well, Princess Yue is probably the most confusing person I've ever met," Sokka groans. "One minute she wants to go out with me, and the next she's telling me to get lost." I find myself feeling gleeful, like I scored a victory. Shame follows afterwards; Sokka looks distressed and I'm happy instead of comforting him. 

I brush it off and move on to Katara and Aang, who lay face-down. "What about you guys? How was water bending?" I was actually quite surprised their mood was downcast; I thought Katara would be overjoyed and would be babbling nonstop about her day. 

"Master Poop-head won't teach Katara because she's a girl," Aang pouts, and Katara buries her head while grumbling. 

I widen my eyes at his statement, and I feel my early rage returning. "Seriously? You were told that too?" 

"Wait, what happened to you?" Katara asks, curiosity fierce on her face and she's now standing.

"Sokka and I went to go train with the tribe's warriors, and they said I couldn't train with them because I was a girl!" I shout, and I start pacing in the room. "Ugh, I wish someone would show them Kyoshi Island."

"Well, what did you do?" Katara queries. 

"She destroyed this one guy," Sokka butts in, chuckling. "She humiliated him in front of everyone. To be fair, he was a jerk." 

"Well, did they let you train with them?" Katara ponders. 

I shake my head while tilting one side of my mouth in smugness. "No, and I don't care anymore. I don't need the training anyways." 

Katara's head droops in defeat. "Well, what am I gonna do? I traveled across the world just to be rejected!"

"Why don't you just have Aang teach you?" Sokka tone is surprised, like we should've figured out earlier. 

Katara's face lights up. "That's genius! That way, Aang has someone to practice with, and I get to learn water bending. Everyone's happy!" She grabs Aang's arm and they rush out of our hut. 

"I'm not happy," Sokka grumbles, his voice muffled in his arms. 

Without realizing it, I mutter, "Neither am I."

Sokka turns to me. "Why? I thought you didn't care that you don't have to train with the warriors."

I open my mouth but close it again, trying to find literacy words. "Oh, I'm just cold. You know, and my bending's really weak here." My lie comes out smooth on my tongue.

"Oh, yeah sorry about that," he says and returns to his dejected manner. Then he catches me off guard by asking me, "What do you think I should do with Yue?"