Your cousin

Tuesday, September 3, 2019.

I go out for the school break like any other day. Last week I found out that a cousin of yours studies at the same school as me, in your sister's classroom; and apparently, he already knows me.

I sit on one of the benches while I wait for Melissa; suddenly, someone sits next to me. It's him, your cousin, I only know that his name is Jonathan and I know that he likes to play the guitar. He begins to talk to me and, as I listen to his words, I see in him the opportunity to be with you. Of course, if I have a friendship with him, he can help me so that you notice me.

As we continue talking, he asks me about you. I get a little puzzled, will he know about my feelings for you? I replied that you and I are just friends, to which he laughs and he asks me if friends kiss.
I can't believe it, does he know about the kiss you and I gave each other at Liz's party?
I ask him who said him that and he just leaves, laughing. It is clear that someone told him and he did not want to tell me.

The bell rings and I go back to the classroom. During all the classes, I can't stop thinking about what Jonathan said to me.
Hours later, the bell rings to indicate the time to return home. I go home alone when I see that your sister, Jennifer and Jonathan, are looking at me. I walk over to where they are and start walking with them. Apparently Jonathan also lives in the same direction where we live.

Jonathan starts telling me that rumors reached him that I had made out with you at a party. I die of grief while I see your sister's face, it is a mixture of anger and fun. I feel like she knew something too.
I deny what Jonathan says and he says that you told that to him and another of your cousins. Jennifer laughs as she shakes her head disapprovingly.
I still can't believe it, did you really tell your cousins ​​about the kiss we gave each other? Did you enjoy that kiss as much as I did, and that's why you told it?

I deny out of shame as we continue walking, each one of them enters their respective houses and I mine. I look in the mirror, frenzied, wondering if that kiss meant anything to you.

Today I remembered what it was like to walk with you and Christian.

#21.