𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭

𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐭

.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 a child, her favorite game to play at recess was Hide'n'Seek.  She loved the idea of searching high and low for her friends and seeing who was the best at hiding.  Of course, Stiles usually won, and it drove Kat crazy, but he eventually let her in on his secrets, and they'd spend recess hiding out under the branches of a tall tree behind the playground.  They'd giggle and shush each other any time someone wandered too close, and they wouldn't give up their position until the whistle that ended recess was blown.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎That child-like rush of excitement that came when you couldn't find your friends had all but disappeared for Kat when it was discovered that Stiles and Spencer had seemingly vanished out of thin air.  Every Beacon Hills Lacrosse team member had been accounted for, but Stiles and Spencer weren't.  Kat had been silent since it was discovered that Stiles and Spencer had disappeared, and the EMTs confirmed that Jackson was dead.  Her emotions about the past few months had suddenly evaporated, leaving her feeling like an empty shell of herself.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎The field was disturbingly silent as the EMTs carried Jackson off of the field and the teams, cheerleaders, and people from the stands tried to figure out what to do with themselves.  Lydia was hysterical as Lexi comforted her, Melissa had left to help the EMTs with Jackson, and Scott and Isaac ushered Kat into the boys' locker room to keep her away from the possibility of being bombarded by the Argents.  There were more of them than just Gerard, and Scott knew that Kat would be a prime target of theirs, just as he and Isaac were.  Her silence had unsettled even him, and he couldn't tell how that would manifest if she was cornered by a hunter.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Somehow, Noah had calmed down enough to step into his responsibilities as the Beacon County Sheriff, and he was making his rounds through the locker room of the lacrosse team, asking the players for their statements as they started recovering from the trauma of the night.  Scott, Isaac, and Kat were huddled around Stiles' and Spencer's lockers.  The boys quietly conversed among themselves as they waited for Noah to finish speaking to their team, but Kat was unfocused and unaware of how her brother stared at her with concern.  Her arms were wrapped around her torso, her fingers gripping the material of her cheer uniform so tightly that her knuckles were turning white.

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Scott could hear her heartbeat pounding in her chest, fast and hard with anxiety.  It was different from earlier as the realization nestled into her, and she was now facing the music of the danger they were in.  She had been attacked and unconscious the last time they were in this amount of danger; she wasn't sure how to collect herself and deal with it.  She was trying so hard to keep her breathing as even as possible, but her brother knew that she was on the verge of freaking out.