Ch: 4

You will have to leave this house.

These were the words that zoya's chachi had said that broke her already broken heart into a million more pieces.

Last night seemed like a never ending nightmare to her. She had ran to her room and cried under the blanket for god knows how many hours after hearing her aunt.

She always knew that her aunt didn't like her. But throwing her out, was not something even zoya had imagined.

Zoya woke up and decided that she'd take the money that she had been saving for years with her and leave this house once and for all.

So she got up and went to the lame excuse of a closet she had and fumbled for the key to the locker under her pile of clothes. She found the key and opened the locker to take out the envelope in which she had saved almost 60,000. It was a nearly  impossible mission to hide her OWN hard earned money from her aunt. But zoya had succeeded in doing so for almost 2 years. Now was the time to put this money to use.

When zoya opened the locker, there was no envelope there. The thought of her money not being there brought zoya's heart to her mouth. She felt suffocated with just the thought of all her savings being lost.

After searching everywhere in her small room, zoya decided she should ask her aunt and uncle about it.

She knocked on their door impatiently,

"Can I come in, I have to ask something important?"

Her aunt and uncle motioned her to come inside.

Zoya walked over and stood opposite to their bed and began,

"Did by any chance have you seen a brown envelope?"

"No, what brown envelope?"

Her uncle asked putting his newspaper down.

Oh no I'll have to tell them now.

"I am asking have you guys taken a brown envelope from my locker? It had some money in it."

Zoya was running thin of patience by now.

"Oh that, yeah I took it about two three weeks back. So clever of you to hide all that money, when you know we need it for the house."

Her aunt glared at her.

"What? Why would you take that without even asking or telling me?"

Zoya yelled shaken top to bottom with the shock. Her uncle also looked surprised but that didn't stop him from supporting his wife even when she was wrong.

"Watch that tone. And I took it because you decided to stay at home for 4 days straight and even come home early causing your already low salary to get deducted. You do realize we have bills to pay and a house to run."

"I was ill that's why I had to call in sick. I never take a day off otherwise. So I gave you a little less money last month and that's your reason to come in my room and steal my hard earned savings that I was saving for years."

"Zoya stay in your limits."

Her aunt shouted her voice echoing around the room.

Zoya looked at her uncle as if silently pleading him to do something, realizing quickly that all he was capable of was to agree to his wife in every situation.

She left the room and took her car keys from the table and left. She needed to clear her mind.

She drove to the place that had always comforted her whenever she felt like everything was slipping out of grip. The beach.