4

I walked to the empty bed and slowly sat holding my head between my palms. Why do I feel empty?

I didn't know that I was crying until I felt a pair of hands brush my hair back. I could never forget her southing touch.

I looked up at her beautiful face with surprise. Her fingers kept brushing my hair I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

I felt her finger slowly trace my temple, my cheek, my chin...My lips...

She smelt divine.

She looked flawless.

She felt heavenly.

My hands looked for her waist and gently caressed it. Her teal dress hugged her body perfectly. I softly pulled her in to a tight hug. She grabbed my face and made me stare right into her eyes. She leaned down closer. I missed this.

My most desirable moment came to an end when I opened my eyes and realized it was all a dream. She wasn't in this room. She was never in here and she was never mine...

Mrs. Barns needed someone to do grocery shopping and of course George won't wake at 9 in the morning. I walked around the store looking for all the necessities we needed for the bar and the house. I grabbed a pack of beer for George and added it to the basket.

People usually gave me weird looks since Im a woman walking around in 'Men' clothes. Trousers and button up shirts weren't made for women, they say.

My sunglasses protected my eyes from the sun as I walked back to the bar. I pushed the doors open to find George serving himself drinks. It's 10 for god's sake. I just shook my head and walked past him to the back door. It leads me to Mrs. Barns' kitchen.

I stopped in my track when I recognized the redhead making breakfast. In that moment I wanted to disappear because I was avoiding her for the past few weeks. Her back was turned to me so I sneaked around to put the groceries on the counter and tried to leave.

"I know you're here"

She mumbled without looking at me. I bit my lip at the disappointment in her voice.

"Why are you avoiding?"

She stared at me hoping for an answer, I didn't have it in the moment. Her eyes held hope, sadness and something more that I now recognize very well...

She walked closer to me but my legs were glued on the wooden floor. I didn't dare gaze at her face, for so many reasons. If I see those beautiful eyes, the walls I've been building all these years will break and I will let her in. If I stare at her plump lips, my desires would push me into doing things we'll both regret. If she gets closer than she already is I will...

"Look at me..."

I kept looking at our feet and she was a few inches away. Why is she doing this to me? Hasn't she realized the damage she caused? Didn't she see how broken I was?

I felt her hands on my cheeks and I involuntarily put mine over hers. The way her fingers stroked my face softly made my knees weak. I felt my chest tighten again and my heart beats increase. She didn't know the affect she had on me...

I finally opened my eyes to gawk into her forest ones. They were red like she was on the verge of breaking. Seeing her like this hurt me more than I already was. I couldn't see her like this. I felt guilty for all the times I ignored and avoided her.

I wanted to fix this but even if I did, nothing will change. She was getting married to my boss's son. We were just strangers...Strangers who are deeply in love.

"Jade!"

The voice of George broke us apart. I took the groceries and put them in their designed places when he came stumbling to the kitchen. She wiped her hands on a kitchen towel and went to his side. It pained me to see his arm wrap around her and pull her closer when it should be me holding her.