Ch. 2 - "She's... dead."

TW: Mention of needles
The Avengers plus Loki had been left in the room for almost a day now, being given time to adjust to their teenage states.

Loki had blocked out the other six teenagers, choosing to sleep instead of interacting. He felt tired and uncomfortable but didn't want to say anything or attract any attention.

Tony and Clint had moved one of the beds to the end of the room and were pushing each other around on it. The bed was not looking too good after being slammed into the wall several times.

Bruce and Natasha were braiding Thor's hair into small plaits, sitting quietly in a corner away from Tony and Clint.

Steve was sitting in his bed feeling ill and tired. The former super soldier had had several underlying conditions before he took the serum, most of which hindered him most from the age of fourteen to nineteen. He was seventeen at the moment.

The door at the side of the room started to move, a large bolt on the other side coming undone.

The six avengers stopped what they were doing and turned to face the door, curious of who was there.

A tall man in a black coat walked inside, staring down sternly at the six teenagers, followed by Agent Coulson and Agent Hill, the latter carrying a small metal briefcase.

"Hill, sedate Loki. Coulson, carry Steve. Little guy ain't looking too good." Fury ordered the agents, who quickly got to work.

Agent Hill opened the briefcase and pulled out a long syringe and grabbed the small, boney arm of one God of Mischief before stabbing it in him.

She unlocked Loki's cuffs and scooped him up with ease, frowning slightly at how light he was for a teenager.

Agent Coulson walked over to Steve, smiling sympathetically at the scrawny boy and gently picking him up, supporting his head with his elbow.

"Unhand my brother, mortals, I will carry him!" Thor walked up to Hill, standing almost eye to eye with the adult.

Hill glanced over to Nick Fury, who just rolled his eyes and nodded before handing Loki to Thor slowly.

Loki shifted about, scrunching up his little nose and frowning slightly.

"Get... your filthy... hands... off my... arse."

The adults and teenage Avengers turned around in shock, having never heard Loki use any words even slightly rude before. Yes, he didn't like them but he always found a clever and sophisticated way to tell them that.

Thor hastily moved his hands, looking embarrassed at what he'd unknowingly done.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury stared down sternly at Loki.

"She's... dead." Loki replied casually, breathing heavily as the sedative Hill injected into him started to pull him into sleep.

Thor looked down uncomfortably, their mother had died several months after Loki began living with the Avengers and he hadn't taken it well. Loki wouldn't leave his room for a month, eating the bare minimum and resisting sleep. Afterwards, he would walk off if anyone started talking about family or mothers.

It was strange now for Thor, hearing Loki say that Frigga was dead so easily, it reminded him of how he was when he was-

Oh.

"Ma- Boy of Iron, how old was your magic machine supposed to turn Loki down to?" Thor questioned uncertainly.

"Fifteen, why?"

Crap.

"He's ill! You turned him back to when he was sick!" Thor started to panic.

"Hold up Point Break. What do you mean by ill?" Tony questioned, looking confused.

"My brother is ill in the head! He's crazy! The last time he was fifteen - in Midgardian years that is - he was unfeeling, unemotional, he didn't sleep or even eat! He was violent and got angry at people he didn't like and always did dangerous things!"

"Gods can get mentall illnesses. Got it." Bruce wrote something down on a small purple notebook he apparently had in his jeans pocket.

"What is this 'mentall illness' you speak of, Banner?"

"It's a nicer term than calling someone crazy, Thor." Bruce frowned at the God. He remembered being called crazy for wanting to work with gamma radiation before, and it didn't feel nice.

"So... now we have to deal with a Loki who doesn't sleep and doesn't eat? At least we don't have to deal with his grown-up psycho ass." Clint shrugged, accepting that the younger Loki would be different.

"We'll have to wait until Loki wakes up to get him diagnosed. I suggest we all go up to your new housing arrangements in the meantime." Fury stated, walking ahead to the Helipad entrance.

I haven't updated this book in ages! I hope you enjoy! 💚

🐸💚🌿✨