Chapter 3 - Looking The Part

Ok, it was just a kiss Ash; don't get to upset about it I told myself as I was pacing back and forth. I looked at the clock for the twenty-fifth time since Matt had left my room and saw that it was 8:45. Matt started school at nine, so he had probably left by now, but I went over to my window anyways and closed the blinds.

What in the world were you thinking Ashley, now he thinks you like him! Well, do I like him?

I knew the answer to that straight away, of course I liked him, why else would I have kissed him, but I can't. I can't have a relationship with Matt, I mean, for one, he's a player. He was with a completely different girl every week or so and probably couldn't go without sex for at least two days tops.

There was no way I was going down that road again, I had been with a player, Ian, and I was just his entertainment till. he would go and hook up with other girls. What a scum bag.

It almost brought tears to my eyes just thinking about him; he was really as low as dirt, but enough on him now. I had made my decision, I wanted to just be friends with Matt, and I was not going to get hurt again. I was the player, not the other way around.

I knew I was going to have to clean up this mess sooner or later, so I grabbed my phone and texted Matt.

Hey Matty. Call me later or drop bye, we need to talk about this morning. Luv ya, Ash

Now I know what your thinking, 'Luv ya?!" it's just something me a Matt always did, and I did love him, just not like that.

Now that I really thought about it, I wasn't really sure whether I really did like Matt like that. Jeez! Why can't I figure out my feelings for him?! Well, whatever, it didn't matter anyways, cause I wasn't going to do anything about it. I liked me and Matt just they way we were, best friends, and I didn't want anything to change that. I couldn't risk losing him.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already ten, so I grabbed some clothes and a towel and headed for the bathroom to shower.

I turned the water on nice and hot to relax my muscles and it felt extremely good. After forcing myself out of the shower forty-five minutes later, I decided to lightly curl my hair. Matt and Jordan both loved it when I did that.

After that, I decided on some gray eye shadow, black mascara, foundation, and blush for my face. Its not like I poured this stuff on, I only used a little of each to accent my best features, so I was all good.

I peeked out the bathroom door and to my surprise, my parents had left, so instead of changing in the bathroom, I grabbed my clothes and headed back to my room to change. I turned on my IPod dock and put on one of my favorite songs in the world, 'What the Hell' by Avril Lavigne.

As I was singing the song, I thought, why not wear my replica shirt that says 'What the Hell' from her music video. I loved that shirt! I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans to top it off and panties and a bra as well and put them on. Perfect, now all I needed was socks, so I grabbed a pair of them too and headed downstairs.

According to my IPhone, it was eleven, so I grabbed something to eat then brushed my teeth, now I was ready to go!