Dagobah

On the distant swamp planet known as Dagobah, Luke Skywalker and R2-D2 were at Yoda's house. It had been a few months after Luke's confrontation with Darth Vader. It was a very one-sided battle to say the least. Master Yoda walked around and said, "so... lost in the confrontation against Darth Vader, you have, hmm?" Luke looked down in shame and said, "I did. I should have listened to you and Obi-Wan and stayed here to complete my training. I'm honestly lucky that I survived." He looked at his robotic hand. "Perhaps in this failure, wisdom you have gained, young Skywalker?" Yoda asked, "it is in our moments of failure, wisdom we gain. Necessary, failure is, for all of us to learn something."

"I suppose you're right," said Luke, "and thankfully the carbonite didn't kill Han. So maybe we have a chance to save him. Unfortunately, I lost my father's lightsaber." Just mentioning his father made Luke think about what Vader said. Now he was conflicted. Was Vader lying to manipulate him into turning to The Dark Side? Darth Vader betrayed and murdered his father Anakin. The Dark Side of the Force was of course known for tempting and seducing those into their inner most desires. During Luke's rehabilitation, he read up on the history of the Jedi and the Sith, and the many Jedi who'd turned to the Dark Side. Yoda nodded and said, "then a new lightsaber you will need. Do you know what charges a lightsaber?"

"I don't think so," said Luke, for Obi-Wan never told him of a lightsaber's source of power. "A Kyber Crystal," explained Yoda, "the Crystal is the heart of the lightsaber. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi are the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart. Intertwined, all are. The source of the lightsaber's power, the Kyber Crystal is. Without the crystal, no blade there is." Luke listened to what Yoda had to say and said, "amazing... where can I find a Kyber Crystal?" Yoda closed his eyes and replied, "in the old days, many caves of Kyber Crystals there once were. Many of them in Jedi temples they were in. But thanks to the Sith and the Empire, scarce they are. But one temple there is that has many a Kyber Crystal. On a planet known as Haruun Kal."

"Haruun Kal..." repeated Luke, "seems far off." Yoda nodded and replied, "let the Force guide you to Haruun Kal. Find Haruun Kal, and find the cave you shall. Find the cave, and a Kyber Crystal you will find." Luke smiled and said, "and then I can make my new lightsaber. Alright Master Yoda, I'll do it. You want me to bring R2?" R2 bleeped jovially. "See why not, I don't," said Yoda, "remember, let the Force guide you. Be with you, it always will." Luke nodded and said, "I won't let you down Yoda. Not this time. Come on R2, let's go." He and the droid then left Yoda's little house, got into the X-Wing Plane, and they flew out of Dagobah to find the planet Haruun Kal.