Chapter 1

I woke up seeing Mason at the foot of my bed, snoring loudly with those soft kissable lips of his. The urge was almost to great to bare, but after years of training I learned to hold back. I got up kicking my feet out of the lava hot sheets, trying to not wake him up.

    I walked out into the hallway, and made my way down to the kitchen like the zombie I was. After drinking the whole pot of coffee, I laid my chin on the cool glass of the table and waited until he was up too.

    When Mason finally arrived being his usual perky self, I felt my spirits being lifted. I got up on my elbows as he smiled at me and flicked my forehead playfully as usual. "You awake travypoo?" He teased in a cute voice. Damn, I love it when he teases me.

    I flick him back and get up, shoving toast in the toaster for us. "Yeah maseypoo, I'm awakey."

    He grins, flashing his blinding white smile, and I feel the selfconciousness I always get around him, wondering if I look okay to present myself. Oh that reminds me, he doesn't know I'm gay. I know that the first person you should ever tell your gay is your best friend, but not if its because of him. And sure I've had some girlfriends since I found out, but it never got serious.

    When the toast popped out, he grabbed them in midair and bit a chunk out of his, being his show off self. He tossed me the other piece and hollered at his mom that we were leaving for school. I yelled goodbye to his mom too, because she was like a mom to me, since mine died a little after my sister was born. Our dad is not around much, either at work late or getting drunk blaming his sorrows on us. I rub the scars along my arms and Mase shoves me gently.

    "You zoned our again," he said, because I do that a lot, always over thinking things. We walked outside into his garage and hop into his beat up pickup truck, bought from money workers hard for.

    As he started to back up, our hands brushed so he could reach the shift stick, and my breath caught in my throat. He seemed completely unfazed, and kept on driving. I lay my head back, still thinking, and don't realize when I doze off.