25. Hatred lasts for a moment, Sorrow for a while, but Love for eternity.

W/N the title is '25. Hatred lasts for a moment, Sorrow for a while, but Love for eternity.' Jay's psychiatrist is in the picture and Jay's leg doctor is in the video. 

*1 MONTH LATER*

(Jay's POV)

        I sit there, staring at the heavy contraption that is my left leg. I sit there, questioning the stability of this metal leg that is supposedly going to help me walk. I sit there, in fear that if I stand up I will surely fall down. I wait for the crazy man to scoff at my silly fears, as he does every waking moment, but he's no longer here. At least that's what Doctor Eccleston, my psychiatrist, says. I get a lot of those, hell, I get a lot of doctors in general. I play with my new leg, testing it out a bit. Well, as much as a man can without standing. That's when my leg doctor, Doctor Smith, entered the room.

        "Are you ready to walk?" he asks me, holding out his hand. I shake my head no, in hopes that he'll leave me alone. But, of course, he doesn't.

        "Too bad. Now get up, Mr. McGuiness." he orders.

        "Why do you call me Mr. McGuiness?" I ask, brushing the ever-growing hair out of my eyes.

        "The same reason you call me Doctor Smith, I suppose." he chuckles, fixing his bow tie.

        "What's your name, then?" I ask, scooting off the bed slightly.

        "My name is Doctor Matt Smith the eleventh." he declares. Eleven generation. How bland. I begin to support myself off the bed, Matt coming to my aid.

        "At a boy!" Matt cheers me on, helping me stand up. After a while, he lets go and lets me stand on my own. My legs begin o wobble until they just stop working and I fall to the ground. He helps me up again, this time, leading me to a walker.

        "Is that necessary?" I ask, glaring at the walker.

        "Hahaha, pride my boy. It is what holds humanity back and it is also a notorious war starter. I recommend you swallow that pride of yours, but for now, you may have it as you wish." Matt informs me. I give him my thanks as I lean against the wall, trying to walk towards the door.

        "Can you guess where we're going this time?" he asks, smiling brightly at me. It's a trick, we always go to the cafe. Another one of their many ways to try and get me to eat. But what they don't get is I'm honestly not interested in eating some shitty food just so I can throw it all up later.

        "The cafe?" I groan, dragging my self past all the rooms of torturous boredomthat are identical to mine. 

        "No! We're going to see Mr. Sykes!" he exclaims. Sykes? Mr Sykes as in Mr Nathan my-last-name-should-be-McGuiness-Sykes Sykes? When did this happen? So many questions, where do I begin?

        "Really?" I giggle, tugging at my sleeves.

        "Really. And they say he's being very responsive. He could wake up any day now." he assures me. Any day now. Any day as in today. Today as in right now. I need to hurry or I'll miss him! O, this is wonderful.

        "Does this mean he's breathing well?" I ask, hobbling as quickly as I can past the cafe.

        "I believe so, yes." he replies when Lydia, a girl who's in here for "hearing supernatural things", said hello.

        "Hello Lydia, how are you?" I ask, smiling politely at the flirtatious girl. Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't understand what being gay means.

        "I'm doing really well, thank you. The guy who has been haunting me is gone and I made a new friend, Meredith! So how are you doing and where do you think you're going? Come back!" she chirps away.

        "I'm sorry, Lydia, but I'm going to see my fiance, Nathan." I say happily. She gives me a bright smile before staring at her hands intensely. What an odd woman.

        I stumble into the elevator, barely catching the rail, as Matt glides in smoothly. I hobble towards the buttons, pressing the 1 button. Once the elevator reaches the first floor, I did an awkward sort of lunge then, I swung my prosthetic leg under me.

        "Well that's one new and exciting way to getter done." Matt chuckles, helping balance me a bit. I continue with this slow yet efficient process towards the Intensive Care Unit, where Nathan is. Soon enough, I reach room 106A. There, I did it! For the first time in in months I walked.

        I begin to laugh as I open the door until my fake leg bends and I fall face first. Obviously, I'm not supposed to experience such a generous amount of joy.

        "Well look at that! You made it." he exclaims, pulling me up by my elbow. I wonder if he's always this exited.

        "But I fell. It doesn't count." I sigh, regaining my bearings.

        "Yes, you fell but didn't you walk as well? All your leg needs is a little tweak. Nothing this screw driver can't fix!" Matt smiles, pulling out a funny looking screw driver. He leads me to the chair next to Nath's bed then tightens my leg. 

        "There ya go, good as new!" he smiles, sticking the screw driver back in his jacket. I smile thankfully before wobbling over to Nathan's side.

        "'Ello love, how ya feeling?" I ask, taking his hand in mine as I sit on the bed. He scratches my palm with his index finger, letting me know he's okay.

        "Mmmh," he says, his chest raising a bit.

        "I'm good, thank you." I reply, brushing the fringe out of his closed eyes. The corner of his mouth twitches up as my throat begins to burn. He's doing really well, like he might actually wake up.

        "You know I am so proud of you. Keep on- well, keep on doing whatever it is that you're doing." I begin to cry, getting choked on my words. I lean down to kiss Nathan's forehead gently, breathing in his scent.  I look at his face to see there are a couple teardrops seeping out of his eyes, down his face and into his ears. I wipe at the tears when I feel the muscles in his face contract.

        "Nathan? Nathan you're- Matt get the doctor!" I laugh, kissing Nathan's cheek happily. Just as Matt walks out the door Nathan's eyes blink open. He looks at me in shock before taking in his surroundings. 

        "You're in the hospital, love." I whisper caressing his face.

        "I know that." Nath says sassily, before gripping my hand tightly and coughing.

        "Are you okay?" I ask, playing with his bushy eyebrows.

        "Just peachy! Although I can't breathe well and-" he gets cut off by a doctor walking in, rushing me and Matt out. 

        He's up! He's up and he's going to be just fine. Everything's perfect again. I think to myself, lunging towards a chair.

.........................................................................................................

 W/N Yay! Happy endings, aren't they great. We made it through a sad little book of Jaythan misfortune but as Jay said, "Everything's perfect again!" 

 Who's ready for an extremely happy third book with NO sad parts in it?

How many of you could spot my little TV show referances?

 How many of you are proud Whovians or a proud Member of the pack? Both?

I hope you all enjoyed this emotional little book. I will post a bonus chapter or two later so be on the look out! Love you all!Xx

PS- The new book will be out by some time next week, hopefully