[5] THE TELL: act one

- VIDEO STORE | NIGHT -

A florescent light flickers with an irritating buzz. Two hands reach up to twist the bulb out of its socket in the ceiling of a quiet video store.

Standing on a ladder, the clerk gently places the old bulb on the shelf while reaching for a new one. He screws it in, but it continues its irritating blinking.

A figure, two rows away from him, starts walking towards the row nearby him.

Alycia, the figure, looking around the store, gives him a short nod, which he returns with his own.

- VIDEO STORE | LYDIA'S CAR -

Lydia's car pulls up. Jackson gets out in mid-conversation with Lydia, arguing with her through the open window.

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever made, it's the best sports movie—"

"No." Lydia says

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper—"

"No."

"I swear to god you'll like it." Jackson says

"No."

"I am not watching the notebook again." Jackson says annoyed.

She hits the window button, closing it on him with a smile behind the glass

- VIDEO STORE | NIGHT -

A fuming Jackson enters the store, searching for The notebook. But going row to row and passing by the now empty ladder and replacement bulbs, he can't seem to find it.

"Can somebody help me find The notebook?" He calls out.

Alycia, few rows away from him, jumps from his loud voice

"Jesus, Jackson. Why the hell are you so loud?" She says walking up to him.

"Alycia? What are you doing here?" Jackson asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"I was looking for Hoosiers but I can't seem to find it."