˗ˋ 04

-ˋ₊˚.🧸🍒 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: ep.6 pt.4┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Time flew by, even if seemed to drag on whilst in practise with the ever-looming threat of not being able to debut pushing them to try harder than they ever had before, and soon enough they had reached the midpoint check

Son Sungdeuk and Doobu had made their way through the gateway entrance, clipboard in hand and exchanging very few words with the I-Landers before instructing them to show them what they had been practising so far.

Within seconds and prepared to do absolutely anything the producers told them, the trainees had hurried to do just that, music playing the background as they carried out the choreography that they had so carefully been practising for several days now.

Chaerin always had the feeling that they had done well, but when the producers gave their feedback it seemed that that feeling died. But considering how long they had been practising for, then surely they had done somewhat good?

Mumbled well dones were exchanged between the I-Landers as they scrambled out of their finishing positions, chests heaving. Chaerin rather sneakly high-fived Heeseung as they moved to stand beside each other in the line to face the producers.

The feedback might prove otherwise, but they could feel somewhat accomplished for a few seconds at least.

"It feels like you guys are just glossing over things." Sungdeuk began, hands motioning in front of him. "You're not doing it powerfully and the moves aren't exact."

"Guys, this is going to be a live show." Doobu chimed in. "You should have some tension."

"This really is the last test." The I-Landers' heads were bobbing up and down as they hurriedly agreed with whoever was talking, their attention returning to Sungdeuk. "...and we don't know about the result! We'll only have eight people remaining at the end. "The two who go home at the end will regret it, thinking 'I should've shown more'. But that's going to be useless!"

Every single heaving breath, every single thought of the I-Landers was suddenly infused by that idea of just how bad they would feel to be one of the two sent home at the last moment.

"I really want you to not forget that this is the final performance." Son Sungdeuk reiterated his point, choruses of confirmations that they had gotten that through their heads returning to him.

"I had thought about it before." Lina's form was highlighted against the dark screen, pale skin only made even brighter by the white tank top. "But it is still settling in - this is the final test, there are no more second chances after this."