Prologue

Everything is royally fucked! The world's fucked up, human beings fucked up, everything is just FUCKED UP!

History is proof of the fact that we've been living in a cooked-up fairytale version of the world because the reality of it is so painful that none of us will ever be ready to face it. Our ancestors said humans are the most evolved, advanced, and intelligent creatures that ever walked the planet earth. I wonder how they could conclude the same if they couldn't figure out what has walked the earth ever since it was made.

I've got a theory, though! I think humans are nothing but a species of parasites that can talk, think and feel.

No, seriously, think about it. Humans have fed on other creatures living on the planet (plants and animals) from the beginning of time. We feed, we suck the life out of them, and when we're done, when there is nothing to suck out, we move on to the next. 

I'm Fiza, and today, on 13 March 2130, I am writing this memoir on my 27th birthday eve. There's a catch, though! This memoir is not meant for the readers of the future but the readers of the past with hopes that humanity will one day finally travel through time. Yeah, we're still struggling with that one. It's embarrassing, really. Jokes apart, please know that this is a cry for help from your future generations. This is a wake-up call for you to save our planet while you still can because if you don't, we're all going to die a slow, painful death.

If you are reading this, there is a fair chance that you are my ancestor or someone closely related to one of my ancestors. I am not sure about whom to trust in the past, how far in time has this memoir traveled, and if I am alive or dead by the time you read this. But hope is all we have. This is our last cry for help because we have exhausted all the chances of saving our planet. Before you ask, yes, we did gain some success in discovering our solar system. Still, whatever you are doing, won't be enough to save humanity.

As per the history books that we've read, every 100 years, our world was hit by a plague that wiped out a huge chunk of the population. In 2120, we've been hit by yet another of those plagues. Only this time, it is not a virus nor a disease-causing being. We cannot escape this plague or wait it out like we always did in the past. This time it is anatomical, and we cannot stop it. We're making progress with science, we are discovering the unknown parts of our being, but we are running out of time.

The climate is broken, our air is contaminated to an irreversible extent. It is said that the air that we breathe is as good as smoking 5 packs of cigarettes. Our ecosystem has collapsed, animals and plants have gone extinct because the choices you are making right now bring us to the edge of the end.