Part 8: Easy mission?

Natasha's POV:
I walk into Fury's office.
"I need a solo mission" I say.
"Okay we've got a small hydra base that we need checking out we were just going to send a few shield agents in but you can go. Make sure that it is not able to be functional" Says Fury.
"Okay great I'll suit up" I say.
"Yep, the plane leaves in 5 minutes on runway 1" Says Fury.
I give a wave behind my back as I walk away.
I go into my room and suit up. I load my guns. I walk out my room and look at my watch, 5am. I walk on to the runway and get in the plane. We take off. I sit in the back as the pilot steers. After about an hour I jump out the plane and land in a nearby field.
I creep up to the house and pull out these heat vision goggles.
No heat signals.
I go into the house with caution anyway just because.
I quickly clear the house and finally pause to look around.
It was an older run down house. It was a mansion kind of home. I doubt anyone had been in gear for ten years.
I was about to torch the place when a file caught my eye.
I walk over to it and pick it up. I open and and scan through the file. My eyes quickly caught a word, General Smith. That was not Russian, that was American. I quickly look through the file, red room, Russian program, training, spy, avengers, kill. These words stood out. I realized that my breathing had speed up while reading that and I had to stop. I take the file with be as I torch the place.
I walk away from the home as it engulfs with flames. The plane lands again in the nearby field. I get in.
We head back towards the shield base.
"Agent Romanoff  we've got a missile lock on the plane." Says the pilot.
"How far of a run are we away from shield or Stark's tower?" I ask quickly.
"Ten minutes from shield and stark." Says the pilot.
"Open the back we're jumping" I say grabbing two parachutes.
I toss one to him as he puts the plane on autopilot.
I can see he missile off in the distance.
I grab I the pilot's shoulder as I jump to make sure he comes with me.
Right as we jump the plane explodes in million pieces. The pieces rain down on us as we fall from the sky.
I pull my parachute cord and so does the pilot.
"You okay." I ask as we hit the ground.
"Yeah I'm okay" Says the pilot shaken up.
"Okay" I say.
I realize that I had a nice cut on my shoulder. The pilot kept looking at it.
"It'll be fine" I say.
The pilot nods as we run into the woods.
"Why are they after us for burning down a run down base" asks the pilot.
"I found something that they don't want me to" I say.
The pilot nods.
"We've got to get to the tower" I say, "I know where we are I've been out here a lot"
I check my guns to see how many bullets I had left. I had all of them.
I could could hear footsteps coming towards us from behind.
"Get behind the tree." I say.
He does as told.
I crouch behind a stump. I peak out to see 3 hydra agents.
'A little to close to your enemy's main base.' I think to myself.
I pop up and shoot three times. All three men fall.
"Okay let's go" I say.
We sprint as quickly as possible through the woods. We jump over fallen trees, roots, rocks, and stumps.
We're about a minute from shield by now. I wasn't too tired but I could tell the pilot was. Usually you don't run a mile and a half as fast as you possibly can.
"We're almost there" I say to him.
He nods and continues running.
We make it to the doors. Quickly we get inside. As soon as we do the pilot drops to the ground breathing heavily.
I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Please say we don't need to do that again" Says the pilot.
"Yeah I don't think I want to do that again either" I say sliding down next to him.
"Oh there you are Nat" Says Steve walking down the stairs, "what the heck happened to you"
"Small mission that turned out to be a little more" I say standing up.
"Here let me take care of your shoulder" Says Steve.
"Okay Yeah" I say walking with him.
We go up to our floor where only avengers were allowed.
We go into the kitchen. I sit down on a chair as Steve gets some gauze and tape from the door and sits in front of me. He starts cleaning my cut.
"So what happened" asks Steve.
"I've got to talk to Fury first" I say.
"Well at least tell me what that is" Steve points to the file.
I quickly grab it making me grunt in pain.
"Nat What's going on" asks steve.
"Something above most of our pay grades" I say.
After a few minutes in silence Steve Says, "all finished"
"Okay I'm gonna go talk to fury and then I'll tell you" I say.
"Okay" Says Steve.
With that I run off to Fury's office.