Overcome

Izuku walked up onto the platform beside Midnight. Because he scored highest on the entrance exam, he was chosen as the students representative, and was expected to give a speech to start the festival.

  Izuku walked up to the microphone.

  "Good morning everyone! Welcome to the UA sports festival!" Izuku said, pushing a little bit of Voice into his throat.

  "As I'm sure you're all aware, my class, 1A, was attacked by a group of villains a few weeks ago. We have been praised, and hoisted up on laurels for a victory we did not earn alone. It was only thanks to our teachers that every student made it out of that catastrophe alive. The only difference between 1A and the rest of the first years is that we have all been scared out of our minds by these villains."

  Izuku paused, to let everyone's thoughts catch up.

  "However. As the old saying goes, an eye for an eye." Izuku smiled up at the teacher's seating area, specifically at the animalistic headmaster that stood up on his seat.

  "Next time we face villains, we will be ready. I'm sure this festival can show both the villains and heroes watching that all of the first year hero hopefuls, no matter the quirk, will be ready for anything thrown their way. Because we have learned. What didn't kill us only made us stronger. Plus Ultra."

  Izuku left the stage, returning to his classmates.

  Midnight stepped back into her place at the front.

  "Thank you Midoriya, for that excellent speech! Now, I'm sure you're all waiting for the first event to be revealed! That event is going to be..."

  A wheel spun around behind the heroine, rotating slower and slower, until it stopped on an obstacle course.

  "The Obstacle course!! The route you will take leads out of the stadium and around the perimeter! The finish line is back through the same tunnel you start in! Everybody to your positions!!"

  Izuku pulled Soar out of his chest, as well as Absolute Authority as he stepped forwards to the mouth of the tunnel.

  *Todoroki is near the front.. he'll probably go for an ice field to trap everyone.. so I should wait for the moment..*

  Midnight called the start of the event, and sure enough, Todoroki froze the floor to everyone's feet.

  Izuku broke the ice coating his shoes, activating his readied Soar and flying over the heads of everyone there.

  "I'll deal with that copy after the event.." he muttered, stashing Half hot Half cold away in his chest.

  "And Shoto Todoroki freezes most of the competition right off the bat!! Class 1A isn't fooled however, and the majority of them evade the trap!"

  There was a moment of silence.

  "Whoah!! Izuku Midoriya uses his telekinesis quirk to fly above the competition!! Got any info for us Aizawa?" Present Mic asks.

  Aizawa sighed into the microphone.

  "Izuku Midoriya. His quirk is called Absolute Authority. It's probably the strongest Telekinesis quirk I've ever seen. His weight limit is unknown, and he doesn't seem to tire from using his quirk for long periods of time. Apparently he can use it to make himself fly as well as any flight quirk."

  Present Mic was quick to announce the first obstacle as Todoroki reached it.

  "And it looks like our frontrunner has reached the first obstacle, Robo Inferno!!"

  Izuku watched the ground shudder in a familiar way, and six zero pointers emerge from the ground.

  "Are these the robots from the entrance exam??"

  "The hero course students had to fight these?"

  Izuku sighed, lifting his hand and crumpling it into a fist.

  The zero pointers floated into the air, pressing together, a sharp, ear piercing screeching filling the course as the massive robots crushed eachother, crumpling back onto the course as a near perfect sphere of scrap metal.

  "Looks like Izuku Midoriya wastes no time in removing the obstacle before him!! Todoroki and the flying Midoriya are now competing for first place just as they reach obstacle number two, the fall!!!" Present Mic said.

  Todoroki slowed to a stop, examining the ropes spanning the pit, while Izuku just flew across, looking down at the expanse of ropes and dirt pillars.

  The greenette raised his hand again, this time pushing it downwards.

  The pillars that spanned 'The Fall' crumbled, taking the snapped remains of the ropes with them.

  "And once again, Izuku Midoriya is MERCILESS in his takedown of the obstacle! He not only bypasses the trap entirely, but he blocks off most of his competitor's chances of making it across!! What have you been teaching this kid Aizawa??"

  "Don't ask me, he came like that."

  "You heard it here first folks, Aizawa is a terrible teacher!!! And it looks like Midoriya has bypassed the third and final obstacle, the minefield! In all honesty, we really should have considered flight when designing this. Looks like Cementoss and Power Loader are terrible planners!!!"

  "Do you just like making fun of your coworkers?"

  "And look at that, Midoriya has completely finished the obstacle race!! Shoto Todoroki has begun creating an ice bridge across the vast pit of the Fall! Katsuki Bakugo pays the hole no mind, using his explosions to blast himself across!! Ochako Uraraka floats across the pit using Zero Gravity!! Momo Yayorozu.."

  Once the rest of the students either reached the end of the course or gave up, Midnight was quick to step back onto the podium.

  "Your next event will be..."

  The wheel slowed to a stop.

  "A cavalry battle!!!"