[15] - 𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘴

WANDA COULD BARELY SLEEP. She's been having the same nightmare for the past couple weeks now, and she knew it'd be a hassle to get any more sleep for the rest of the night.

She made her way to the living area, sitting down on the couch in front of the large television. Maybe some TV would clear her head a bit.

Fortunately, Tony went all out with the entrainment at the facility. She could watch all the reruns of her favorite sitcoms at the click of a button.

The witch sat cross-legged on the sofa, simultaneously in her thoughts and watching the show.

"You're awake?" A voice softly called out from the hallway. Startled, Wanda looked back to see Y/N in his casual sleepwear.

"You scared me!" She laughed, which got a chuckle out of her fellow avenger and friend.

"Sorry. I have a knack of doing that. Are you alright, though?" Y/N apologized, and went over to the sofa.

"Couldn't sleep." Wanda patted the cushion near her, in which Y/N sat down.

Y/N gave a nod, "Nightmares?"

"The same one...every night." Wanda replied, looking at the floor.

It was always of Pietro. She still felt guilt for helping Ultron. He used them as pawns to enact his ultimate plan, and in turn, Pietro died by his hand. She always thought of how things could've played differently.

Y/N didn't know the extent of her nightmares, but understood it was of her past and her late brother.

Wanda didn't have any family left, and Y/N was sympathetic. He remembered how he felt when he first lost his parents, but unlike Wanda, Y/N had somebody...his grandmother.

Y/N wanted to make Wanda as comfortable as possible. He wanted her to know that the Avengers were there for her...that he was there.

They were all family.

"What are you doing awake?" Wanda asked, snapping Y/N out of his thoughts.

"I get thirsty around this time." Y/N tried to nonchalantly say, looking back at the fridge in the kitchen. "I was about to get something to drink."

"Is that weird looking liquid in the pitcher yours?" Wanda asked, remembering what she saw last night.

"It's a recipe I found online. It helps keep you energized." Y/N explained. "But I swear I was just going to get water right now."

The former agent looked at the television, seeing the program she was watching. It was a rerun of Malcolm in the Middle.

"Oh, man. Brian Cranston is funny as hell in this show." Y/N remarked. "They had this in Sokovia?"

"We weren't savages."

"You're putting words in my mouth."

Wanda crossed her arms, "Pa used to bring home DVDs of old sitcoms when I was little. We had TV nights."

"That's pretty cool. So you saw shows like...The Brady Bunch and stuff?" Y/N asked, leaning over and resting his elbows and his knees.

"That and more." Wanda answered.

"You ever watch Friends?" Y/N turned to her.

"That's one I haven't seen actually. Looked pretty weird."

Y/N chuckled, "You're missing out. It's what got me excited to move to New York."

"Really?"

"Aside from trying to survive an alien invasion lead by an evil Asgardian, they accurately showcased what it's like to live in the Big Apple."

That got a laugh out of the red head. Y/N was glad that they were getting along, which was what the young Avenger had been trying to get to for the last month after the battle against Ultron.

"Want to check it out?" Y/N asked motioned at the television.

Wanda smiled, and unbeknownst to Y/N, also decided to look inside his head. All she could hear within was his voice, practically coaching himself.

"Please say yes, please say yes. It'd be awkward if she says no after attempt at a joke."

Wanda thought it was pretty cute. She nodded, "Sure."

Y/N smiled, and grabbed the remote.

"Don't worry. I won't force you to watch all ten seasons..." Y/N pressed the buttons on the remote, "...like I did with Clint."

The two began watching the sitcom together, until they began drifting back to sleep.

• • •

CAPTAIN AMERICA LANDED A JAB which Specter quickly parried. The young Avenger tried to counter-attack, but the veteran expected the move and evaded his swing.

Rogers grabbed his arm and initiated a takedown by flipping him over his back. The soldier had Y/N in a leg lock, and he tapped on the mat to submit.

"You might have the advantage when in the shadows, but when it comes to hand-to-hand..." Steve helped Y/N to his feet.

"Yeah...need to work on it a bit." Y/N replied as he brushed himself off.

The two walked over to the side and met up with Sam, who was drinking from his sports bottle. Y/N bent over and grabbed his own drink as well to replenish.

"You went a little easy on him, Cap." Sam remarked.

"I don't want to hurt the kid."

"You almost gave me a black eye yesterday. What makes him any different?"

Y/N finished drinking from his thermos, "I'm right here, guys."

Nearby, the grunts of two combatants were heard. Y/N looked over, and saw Wanda and Natasha sparing as well. The older red-head took it upon herself to mentor the younger one, since she barely had any experience in hand-to-hand combat.

Steve and Sam noticed Y/N looking at Wanda as he fiddled with his thermos.

"Close your mouth the next time you decide stare, man." Sam chuckled, which made Y/N scoff.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Wilson."

Earlier that morning, Natasha stumbled upon Y/N and Wanda sleeping on the couch after their night of sitcom reruns. She didn't hesitate to tell Sam and Steve about it, thinking it was adorable.

"Don't hide your feelings, son. You'll regret it if you ever get stuck in ice for 66 years." Steve put a hand on his shoulder and let out a laugh.

"Very funny, Cap."