CHAPTER 2: PSYCHIC

Psy•chic /sīkik/

noun
a person considered or claiming to have psychic powers; a medium.

// A/N: This chapter contains a LOT of dialogue. Also, ENA is coming soon. Don't worry ;) //

A chill ran down Y/N's spine

The voice called for them again.

"Come in, dear! Don't worry, I don't bite! Hahaha!" The voice laughed wholeheartedly, making Y/N's tense self ease up ever so slightly.

With a shaky hand, they grabbed the copper handle of the door and pushed it downwards, opening the door.

They stepped inside. It would be dark, though it was lit by candles and fairy lights, illuminating the room. Y/N walked forward a little, seeing a figure in the corner of their eyes. They turned to see a cloaked figure sitting criss-crossed on the floor, a floor table in front of them with tarot cards laid out.

The mysterious individual brought their hands to their hood, and lifted it down gently, revealing their face. It was a guy, maybe a little older than Y/N, which surprised them.

The psychic had ebony colored hair, styled in a mullet. His eyes were a deep brown, and light freckles dotted across his face like constellations.

"Um... hello..." Y/N started, tugging on their sleeve.

"Greetings, dear friend. As you might've noticed, I've been expecting your arrival! Ohoho!"

They chuckled nervously, "Aha, yeah... Um, how does this work...?"

The man in front of them clasped his hands together, "Of course! Please sit on the cushion in front of me, and we can begin the session, yes?"

Y/N nodded, doing as they were told and making their way to the padded floor seat, sitting on it and crossing their legs.

"By the way, my name is Lucian. You may call me Luci if you so desire."

Knowing his name made Y/N's anxiety falter a little, as they relaxed their muscles. They nodded in response.

Lucian took the cards from the table and shuffled them, front side facing you. "Now love, what is your star sign?"

"Ah... S/S, I think." They replied.

He nodded in response. "Yes, a S/S... lovely. Let's get right to it. A life reading, correct?"

Y/N muttered a quiet "Yes" as Lucian nodded once again. He gave the cards to them, and they looked at him in confusion. "Shuffle them for a moment, then hand them back to me. Clear your mind and relax your body. You are safe."

Those last three words stuck out to Y/N. It filled them with a sense of calm, and they felt their anxieties fade away. They struggled with shuffling the cards at first, but quickly got into a rhythm. They handed them back to the psychic after about a minute.

Lucian let the imagery face him, and he spread out the cards in his hand so it was like an arc. He held it out to Y/N, instructing "Pick a card and set it down here." he tapped on a spot on the table with his free hand.

Y/N took a card and placed it down as instructed. They repeated this with different cards and spaces eight more times.

The psychic drew his hand away as he tucked the remaining cards underneath the table.

"Now, you see these cards?" The man spoke, tapping above a column of cards.

"Yes?"

"This is your past," He shifted his finger to the next column, "your present," and to the last one, "and your future."

"Ah..." Y/N's eyes sparkled. They were excited, albeit nervous to see what this was all about.

"The first row," Luci gestured to the first horizontal row of cards, "your mind," he gestured to the second, "the present situation," and the third, "your strengths."

"Let's start with number 1." Y/N hummed in agreement, and Luci lifted the card up, revealing its identity.

"Judgement." He frowned.

"What's that mean?" Y/N asked, fidgeting with their fingers in their lap.

"Well, in some cases the Judgement can be good. But in this case, it is reversed... Tell me, Y/N, how was your mental health growing up?"

They stiffened. "U-Uh... Not the best...?"

Luci looked at them, then back at the card. "Lack of self-awareness. Doubt. Self-loathing. You seemed to have had issues trusting yourself and your surroundings. You often worried about your decisions and had a harsh fear of failure."

Y/N froze. That was scarily spot-on. Memories of the past flooded back into their mind, ones they had tried for so long to keep out.

"Fret not, dear. You have grown and accomplished so much. You have made many people proud."

Tears threatened to fall from their eye sockets, but they blinked them away.

"Thank you." They whispered. Lucian smiled warmly, giving them a comforting nod of reassurance.

"Number two," He lifted the card up and looked at it, before placing it down on the table so Y/N could see.

"The hermit?" They read. It was more of a statement, but their tone was questioning.

"Yes. The Hermit is good. Contemplation, searching for the truth, and seeking inner guidance. After your recent move, you have been eager but hesitant to try new things. You are asking if there's something deeper beyond what you know about yourself. You search for someone to guide you."

"Yeah... haha..."

"Three," He repeated with the last card of the row, "Temperance."

"Middle path, patience, finding meaning. You will find a solution to your problems as well as new ways to cope and enjoy yourself. I feel there will be a big change in your life, for the better."

They continued the reading until they got to card 6.

"The Lovers."

"A sign of partnership, harmony, and duality. My goodness... I have never felt such an aura! Y/N, you will find someone that you click with. You two will be perfect for each other, and together you will power through anything. This... yes, this person is the change in your life."

Another hour went by and the reading had concluded. Lucian was kind enough to give Y/N a 20% off deal, and they exchanged numbers. Not to pay, no, but because they had wanted to keep in touch.

They stepped outside, the sunset seeming blinding after being in the area for so long.

They got into the car, and on their way home, they thought to themselves...

"A lover..."