Chapter 2 - Discoveries

Ok chapter two! Chapter three should be up really soon i've just got to finish th last part, and as a hint its in somebody else's POV. Ooooooh mysterious, well not that much but hey just thought you'd like to know.

Please please vote and comment. And if you really love me you'll fan :D

Anyways, On with the show....

Chapter 2 – Discoveries

Once we began to near the mysterious cave any objections I had previously were long gone.  The scent was now becoming almost unbearable, every time I thought about it my body went wild with emotions that I had spent years training not to feel, yet something kept drawing me closer. It was as if my life had been meaningless and whatever or whoever I found at the end of this trail would make it all ok.

After thinking it through for a while I had come to the conclusion that one of two things had happened, I had finally gone completely insane or one of the leeches was messing with my head and leading us straight into a trap, although I fail to see any reason to target our pack when others are nearby who are definitely larger and have a larger chance to do any damage to the vampires army.

There were a few things wrong with my theories like how Nathan would have sensed any bloodsuckers within a 2 mile radius and the scent was only about a mile away and the fact that I still feel fairly normal. If anything I feel happier. But they were the only theories I had and by god I was going to stick to them.

All of a sudden my feet came to a halt directly outside the cave and I involuntarily gave out a quiet pain filled whine. I had lost the scent. My depressive and almost suicidal thoughts soon turned to anger towards myself. How could I have been so stupid as to have lost the scent? It had been so strong, why had it suddenly dropped?

I pushed my nose to the ground and began to try to refind the trail. It was weak but still there. A sense of hope overcame me and I felt like crying tears of happiness as I was momentarily dazed by the sheer excitement that ran through me. 

I headed towards the back of the cave slowly making sure to pick up on all the rocks and objects that could possibly be a trap. I also made sure to keep one eye on the exit at all time in case someone was to block us in. Something was giving me a weird feeling about this place; it was as if we were being watched. As I knocked my paw on the floor twice signalling to shift, my suspicions kept on growing.

Eventually we had all shifted and were stood there in our clothes that badly needed cleaning.

“The trail weakened when we reached the cave entrance but got stronger again when we came towards the back, I also have a very suspicious feeling about this place but am certain there are no vampires within a five mile radius” I told the rest of the pack but mainly towards Declyn and Nathan as they were my greatest hope at searching the cave. I turned towards Sam and Jordan 

“I need you two to start setting up camp I have feeling we may be here for a while so look for woods to make a fire and maybe catch a few rabbits while you’re out there, as for Alex I need you to be on bloodsucker patrol” I headed once more to the back of the cave after I had made sure the two blondes had headed into the forest safely and that Alex was in a secure position.

I ran my hand slowly and deliberately over the wall, looking for anything out of place when my hand slid into a print in the wall. Looking closer I realised that it was a hand print. A hand print that wasn’t thin and slender enough to be a vampires and the smell was wrong to be a shifters in fact it was very similar to the scent that I had been following us all day although it was nowhere near as calming. What is wrong with this place?

Turning towards my friends I noticed Nathans raven black hair blowing across his face and his mouth hanging open in shock and surprise. Declyn’s expression was similar, his signature look of understanding and logic gone. Rapidly I spun around expecting the worst but was met with a group of humanoids who were not shifters or vampires. They were the lost race of humans. The humans who were supposed to have been wiped out two centuries ago. The humans...