Chapter 9

(Episodes 578 - 581)

Shiori woke up late and went to find Subaru all over the place but he's nowhere to be seen.

She have to tell Subaru that she'll leave to buy some ingredients because her manager is already on the plane to leaving New York.

Opening her black phone, she just messaged the man that she'll be out of the house and left the keys to Professor Agasa next door.

Wearing her glasses and another black winter clothes, she went to the department store by taxi to buy stuff for her necessities and some stuff for Yael, knowing the man didn't bought stuff for himself but the ones that Shiori left on her house.

It was quite crowded but Shiori managed to blend in with the people, not knowing that a pair of cold eyes were watching her as she went inside the store.

There was a car parked on the dark alley opposite to where she is, the man with long silver hair was following her direction with his eyes wide with surprise. 

...

"Areh, what's happening?" The woman noticed that there people forming a crowd near the escalators and stairs.

She could hear them talk about the ongoing hostage taking on the floor above them. There were also a group of riot squad positioned near the exits.

"That famous Sleeping detective is there with you?" One of them was talking to someone, probably on the same floor as the one hostage taking takes place.

That's weird. Why is the culprit allowing his hostages talk to someone outside? And if Kogoro-san is in there, Conan probably ...

She took out her phone and called the boy, "Hello, Conan? Are you with Kogoro-san right now?"

[Shiori-neesan, yeah. Why? I'm a bit busy,]

"Nothing, I'm worried. I'm feeling a bit stuffy, maybe because of your situation there."

[Don't worry too much, because I'm close to solving the puzzle.]

"Really? Then, solve it and prevent something from happening. Good luck, Holmes' apprentice."

With that, Shiori went to resume her shopping. There are people watching her in disbelief because she's one of the few who kept on buying even though there is a commotion on the upper floor.

After an hour or so, the people from the upper floor went down, causing a huge scene inside the building. Shiori went up to see Conan's condition.

 She saw Conan and Ran running to talk to a man, who is he?