041. WHITE MYRTLES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒚𝒓𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔

❛ she could be screaming at me and id thank the godsshe was looking at me ❜

at me and id thank the gods
she was looking at me ❜

                         𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝕻ercy once asked Aurora what her favorite flowers were while they were riding a canoe one late afternoon

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝕻ercy once asked Aurora what her favorite flowers were while they were riding a canoe one late afternoon. He had been looking at the daisies alongside the lake when he had asked the question and turned to look back at her to gauge her reaction. And what he saw almost left him breathless.

Her hair fell in curls over her shoulder with a pretty pink headband adorning her head to keep her hair away from her face as the wind. It was a chilly afternoon so she was wearing a lopsided pink hoody that revealed her right shoulder with a white spaghetti strap underneath. Her wide-leg jeans had splotches of water on them from the amount of rocking the boat was facing and her usual white Converse high looked brand new—a state he knew she loved to keep them in.

                         The sunset made her gold eyes glisten so beautifully he was moments from reaching forward but ultimately decided against it. Aurora Stark was above everyone's level. She was far superior to him in so many ways and yet she always seemed to be next to him as though they were equals. He never really understood why she was his friend to begin with, Percy Jackson was a loser who rarely had a glimmer of luck in his entire life whilst Aurora Stark was a girl with a heart of gold with money that could last an entire lifetime—her life was the embodiment of luck. Where he saw pessimism, she saw optimism. Where he saw risk, she saw chance. Both were from entirely different worlds but still so fond of one another that it was hard to envision a life without the other.

                         Aurora deserved better than being Percy's friend, he thought. But if she was ever going to leave he'd treasure the moments he had with her for a lifetime. Lock them up and bury them in the sand.