[1] Awkward Introduction

This is dedicated to DeathCollecter because of her very weird conversations with AncientWaters; they somehow brought the idea of kidnapping celebrities into my head. xD

Not to mention she writes really good and has excellent taste in reading. Go check her out, yo. Her icon's riiiiiiiiiiiight ^ up there.

Click on her icon.

Be like Nike and Just Do It.

There's one little curse word at the end, but it's just me, writing to you at the end, so yeah. xP

Be warned; this story WILL mention illegal things, and dorky things as well.

In fact, the entire story is based on something illegal. So, a big "DUH" for you, if you didn't get it already.

This story is NOT stolen. I don't know if another story like it exists, but know that I wrote this soley upon DeathCollecter's odd conversations and a picture I found on Twitter.

Please don't prosecute me.

Alright, enough with me pleading to keep my clean criminal record; enjoy the story, now! :D

BY THE WAYYYYY: That's Denver in the sidebar there.

The external link features Denver's amazing shoes.

Ignore me now! :D

*is shot*

-- (comeatmebro) --

I rubbed my temples as my dad continued to rant about his newest technology/invention/improvement, with the cutest little sparkle in his blue-green eyes.

I loved him and my mom--truly, I did--but sometimes I fiercely regret my decision to stay at home with them and work online as a business executive.

It was more of a humorous regret, really. I loved working online; no one judged me because of my looks, I was a fairly successful business exec, and there were no awkward social interactions to be had. I loved living with my parents, too; seeing them freak over all their geeky little things together and cuddle over Star Trek was adorable, honestly.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't carry some of their embarassingly dorky traits; I love science and space, I'm the only girl I know of that could sit happily through an entire Star Wars episode, and I love Pokemon.

Not just because of Pikachu being adorable, either. That stuff literally gives me an adrenaline rush.

I also adore Star Trek. Like... you don't even want to know.

I even have "live long and prosper" tattooed on my palm, for God's sake.

Currently, my father and I were watching commercials on our TV, as we were waiting for House to come back on.

Yeah, I freaking love that show. Odd diseases interest me beyond what is considered normal. Dr. House's cynical attitude and addiction to adult films are also rather amusing.

Dad was using every chance possible to (eccentrically) explain (in detail) his latest technology.

My dad was a small-time inventor, and my mom helped him out on occasion. Mostly, they just improved on already-made things and hoped for the best. They did it all in our basement, which was bigger than the rest of our house and was underground about ten feet.

Mom also worked as zoo keeper; a surprisingly high-income job. She did it for her interest and love of all types of animals, both exotic and domestic. She even went vegan and was a spokesperson for the ASPCA on a few occasionally-aired commercials. She wasn't the best actress, but she pulled it off because she loved animals with such a huge passion.