01 | boy in the iceberg

"Sokka! Nataari! Look! I caught one!" Katara exclaimed as she controlled her bended water droplet with a single fish inside.

"That's it Katara!" Nataari replied, proudly smiling at her younger sister as she watched Katara's face light up.

"Shhh Katara, you're gonna scare the fish" Sokka replied, waving his hand back at his sisters while eyeing a fish in the water with his spear held high.

Nataari sat at the back of the canoe with her younger siblings sitting ahead of her, Sokka in front and Katara in the middle. She watched as Katara's water droplet got dangerously close to the end of Sokka's spear.

"Hey!" Katara exclaimed as Sokka drew back his spear, poking her water droplet, causing the fish escape and earning an unpleasant noise from Sokka as the water fell onto him.

"Now ya did it" Nataari said with a breathy laugh, leaning back against the back bow of the canoe and closing her eyes, preparing for the bickering fest to start between her younger siblings.

"Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?" Sokka asked setting down his spear and balling his hands into fists, squeezing out some of the cold ocean water.

"It's not magic, it's water bending" Katara and Nataari sighed in unison, both carrying annoyance but in different ways; Katara's was an angry annoyance, while Nataari's carried a tired one.

Katara sent an annoyed glare to her older brother after her words.

"Oh yeah the ancient art unique to our culture, blah blah blah" Sokka rolled his eyes turning back to face forwards, wringing out his ponytail in the process.

"Look, if I had real powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself"

"You're calling us weird? We didn't try to confess to our crush by giving them a snow sculpture of the us" Nataari stated raising her eyebrows before a playful smirk appeared on her face as she leaned forwards.

"We also don't make muscles at ourselves every time we see our reflections in the water" Katara chimed in with an expression identical to Nataari's as they watched Sokka do exactly that.

He sent them both a pathetic glare before rolling his eyes.

Suddenly the canoe was roughly pushed by a chunk of ice into a current.

All three siblings grabbed ahold of the sides of the canoe, steadying themselves before Sokka quickly grabbed the oar and tried to redirect the canoe.

The current threw the canoe into multiple chunks of ice, scratching the sides of the wooden boat and letting splashes of water into it.

"Go left!" Katara directed to Sokka as he continued to try and regain control of the canoe.

"Look out!" Nataari shouted as two chunks of ice pressed towards the boat, lifting it up out of the water.

All three of them leapt out of the canoe onto one of the ice chunks as the boat snapped into pieces behind them.

Nataari and Sokka stopped sliding in the middle of the ice chunk while Katara didn't. Nataari grabbed ahold of Katara's boot just as she got to the edge.

All three of them sat down near the edge of the ice chunk, Katara and Nataari on either side of Sokka, brushing off the some of the snow on their clothes.

"You call that left?" Katara scowled, turning to look at Sokka.

"Oh, so you don't like my steering? Why aren't you getting mad at Nataari? She should've water bended us out of there since she's so good like everyone says" Sokka retorted, making motions with his hands as he spoke.