10. Nightmare Fuel

⚠️TW⚠️
•Death
•Violence
_______________________

~About a month later~

Mikey hasn't shut up about what he learned that night and refuses to let me forget it. Anytime I so much as look or speak to Gerard he says something or gives me a suggestive look, I normally respond with an eyeroll or tell him to shut up. Gee on the other hand, is completely oblivious to the small crush I've developed. He's just to cute, I can't help it! And it doesn't count as Stockholm syndrome cause he technically didn't kidnap me-

~flashback to chapter six~

Mikey leads me out of the room, away from the mess and Gerard, who had broke down in my living room floor after realizing what he had done. "Sorry you got wrapped up in all of this," he says quietly as he helps me pull my suitcase down from the top of my closet. I only hum in response and take the suitcase from him, grabbing clothes from my closet and dresser, shoving them into the bag. "He really does care about you, ya know..." he says quietly, again, I only hum in response. "He hasn't stopped talking about you since he's met you," he chuckles and I dont respond, walking to the bathroom to get the necessities from there. He sighs "he knows pretty much everything about you, I've never seen him so invested in someone..." he trails off. "And it's supposed to comfort me that he knows things I never even spoken to him about?!" I yell and he jumps back a little, "ah, I didnt know that... I thought it would be comforting to know he listens when you talk about that shit. But I guess not." He says quietly and I nod, "yeah, definitely not."

You know how the rest of that night went...

~Present~

Mikey had offered for me to stay with them since my apartment was a mess and looked like a crime scene. I've refused to go back to the apartment, afraid of remembering that night, afraid to remember the crazed look in Gerards eyes when he found me in that closet. I've had nightmares about it multiple times since, to which I've woken up to either Mikey rushing down the stairs to check on me or Gerard rushing upstairs to do the same... sometimes both. I've always reassured them that I'm fine, and they've been skeptical at times but always decide it's best not to push the subject any further.

Except tonight...

Tonight's different...

I feel my eyes begin to grow heavy and I let sleep take over my body, snuggling more into the fuzzy blanket and adjusting myself on the small couch. My body shuts down and I pass out, stepping into the familiar darkness. Here we go again...

⚠️⚠️⚠️

I sit, quivering behind the jackets in the closet, unable to move as Frank reaches for my hand, promising he'll be okay before planting his lips gently to my palm and pressing my own hand gently to my face. I look up at him with fear in my eyes, knowing exactly what will happen when he steps out of the closet, but unable to speak or move to stop him.

He steps out of the door and I see his blood splatter across the wall as a bullet pierces his stomache and he drops to the ground, a small bit of blood finding it's way through his lips and dribbling down his chin. I want to rush towards him, to get it over with, but once again I am unable to move.

Gerard steps in front of the door and looks at me with that same crazed look in his eyes, blood stains his familiar blue suit, turning it a dark shade of purple and his white shirt red. I look past him and see Andy against the counter, a knife sticking out of his chest, as blood floods the ground, leaving his body a sickly pale color, almost yellow. Gerard makes his way towards me through the closet and I find my body moving on it's own accord, shoving me back into the corner.

"Aw, don't be afraid of me Sugar... I'm not gonna hurt ya," he says in that gentle voice that makes me wanna hug him, but I know I couldn't even if I wanted to. It feels as if someone else is controlling my body, not allowing me to move as I should. He crouches on the ground directly in front of me, gripping my chin carefully between his thumb and index finger, forcing me to look up at him. He pulls a blood stained knife out of his suit, slowly lifting it-

⚠️⚠️⚠️

I jerk up, a short gasp making it's way through my lips, I look around forgetting where I am for a split second. I pull my knees up to my chest, throwing my head into my hands. I hear footsteps making their way down the stairs and know its Mikey. "Y/N?" He asks gently, I feel the couch dip slightly in front of me and he rests a hand on my shoulder. "Nightmare?" He asks, I nod slowly "the Gerard one?" He says quietly and I nod, "I cant help but feel like this is my fault..." he whispers gently and I hum "what happened this time?" He asks and I explain the events to him, all the way down to the final seconds when Gerard pulled the knife from his suit. I stutter and tears roll down my cheeks as I explain.

Once I'm done, he stands, clearing his throat. "I'm gonna get Gee," he says gently and I dont reply, simply looking at the floor as he walks down into the dark basement. He returns a few minutes later with his older brother behind him, Gerard looks at the ground, not making eye contact as Mikey leads him over to the couch to sit beside me. Mikey looks at the two of us and sighs "I'll leave you two to work this out..." he says quietly

Silence...

We sit in silence as the sun rises, lighting the room.

"Y/N..."

_____1031___________