Chapter 5

Opal had slept soundly beside the Skrill after moving him to another location.

She woke up early and scouted out the area.

Opal rubbed her head against her forehead. She sighed from relief. "I can't keep this up forever." She progressed to herself. "I just can't."

Opal was getting fatigued. She had heavy bags under her eyes and had trouble staying awake.

Opal ran back to the Skrill. He was still eating the electric eels she had given him.

He grabbed it with his razor sharp teeth and gulped it down.

He made the clicking noise then gulped down another eel.

Then thunder was heard by Opal above.

Both her and the Skrill looked up. The Skrill made the clicking noise again.

Opal had been thinking of a name to name the Skrill.

"Hey, Thunderstrike?" Opal asked the Skrill.

The Skrill looked over at Opal. Opal laughed. Thunderstrike clicked.

Then Opal's expression faded into a frown. "We need to get you off this island so you're safe from my father and the dragon hunters."

"If only I could get you out of here fast enough the Dragon Flyers won't notice."

An idea clicked in Opal's mind. She turned to Thunderstrike. "I've earned your trust. I hope it's enough."

***

Opal prepped her work area. She gathered up all the leather she could find and every piece of metal that what felt like the whole villagers supply. She knew how to sharpen axes and she hoped that was enough.

Opal put fire proof gloves on and picked up the nail that was set on the wooden desk. She burned it in flaming hot water. It sizzled the water. Bubbles floated to the surface.

After melting the nails she attached them to a metal belt.

Four were made then Opal worked on the base. She grabbed the leather from the yak market.

She brushed it multiple times and sewed it. The base was created soon enough then Opal made yet another leather strip.

Then four metal strips. After that was done, Opal made a thick curvy metal pole and leather that attached through the middle of the curvy pole.

Opal gathered more leather and made a lighter shade of brown on the base.

Opal had also rubbed all the metal parts with fire proof liquid.

She took another metal nail and made 5. She made 'what was supposed to be' a turning wheel. It was perfect.

Opal held out her creation. She grinned, happy with it. Then set out towards the hills once again.

"Opal."

Opal looked behind her. The chief stood before his daughter. Opal quickly hid her masterpiece without her father knowing.

"I'm sorry about yelling at you yesterday. I wasn't thinking straight. The Skrill was the only thing on my mind." The chief apologized. "I said some things I shouldn't have said."

Opal hugged her father. "I know." She remarked.

The chief hugged her back. "I-" He began but was interrupted by an ambush.

The chief pushed Opal away and started yelling orders. Opal wasn't bothered by her father pushing away her hug. She was just worried about Thunderstrike.

Opal looked up. There were dragons attacking but the dragons had Vikings on their backs. Opal was surprised to see such a sight.

"Dragon riders!" The chief shouted.

A Nadder passed by archers and fired at them. A Gronkle spewed lava. The Monstrous Nightmare had a very loud mouth Viking on its neck.

"Snotlout!" The Viking on the Monstrous Nightmare yelled, as he fired at a house.

One Zippleback appeared out of nowhere. One head fired gas at the land and the other head sparked it then a loud explosion was heard.

"Wait! It's a Night Fury!" A Viking yelled.

Opal looked up to see a black scaley Night Fury firing their plasma blast at houses and Vikings.

"Their getting too close to Thunderstrike!" Opal realized from how far the Night Fury was going.

Opal galloped as fast as she could towards the hills. She still had her project in hand and kept it there.

***

Opal had her bow aimed as soon as she got to a hiding spot near Thunderstrike.

Opal was stunned. The rider in the Night Fury was already there. Opal aimed towards him but then saw something she didn't see it a long time. She saw someone who loved dragons.

The rider held out his hands but Thunderstrike growled. "Shh shh sh it's ok. You're safe now." The rider soothed.

Then, without thinking, Opal jumped out of the bushes she had put her hood on before. Then the chief's daughter aimed her bow at the rider.

The Night Fury opened his jaw and his mouth made an element of purple. The rider gently soothed his hand on the Night Fury.

The Night Fury stopped. "It's ok, bud." The rider soothed again. "Who are you?" He aimed his question at Opal like an arrow about to be fired. Opal realized he had a metal leg.

Interesting. She observed quietly.

"My question is who are you!" Opal shot back.

"I'm, Hiccup Haddock III. I live on Berk." The rider replied. "Your turn."

Opal didn't expect him to say his answer so fast. "I'm-I'm Opal Thornup II. I'm the next chief of this island."

Hiccup started towards her and Thunderstrike again but Thunderstrike growled and Opal strained her grip on the arrow.

Hiccup backed off. "Is this your dragon?"

Opal was puzzled by the sort of question. "That's none of your business!" Opal began with a scowl. "Leave this island. There are innocent Vikings here that don't deserve to die because of you."

"Alright, I'll go." Hiccup went back to the Night Fury and clipped his metal leg on the saddle that was around the Night Fury.

"Come on, Toothless." Hiccup encouraged. "Till we meet again, Opal." He announced.

Once Toothless was out of sight, Opal lower her bow and threw it to the side. She soothed Thunderstrike without touching him. She was still afraid she didn't get that far in the trust. He clicked.

"Thunderstrike. It's time for you to leave Deathyard. For good. And I think I know how."

Opal pulled out her masterpiece. "This saddle has to be good enough.