Chapter 6

(Jayde's POV)

As we walk through a wide path, I spot a large fence far off to my right.

"Hey Emer. What do you think that is down there?" I ask.

"Only one way to find out. Come on, lets go."

Its pretty far away, so it takes a good 20-30 minutes before we get there.

As we look at the fence, I see a little carving in the side of one of the posts.

'Border of Vissus, Land of the Sections any trespassers WILL be executed.'

"Oh wow. Wow. Emer. You won't believe this. This is The Border."

"Neat!!! Well you coming?"
Emer started moving closer to the fence.

"Wait! Where are you going? We just got here!" I tried stop her.

"You didn't think that I was just gonna leave The Border without touching the other side? Maybe even going through the woods or something?" she had a mischievous look on her face.

"Emer!! No way. I mean, yeah, I want to go too, but... Oh now I want go. Thanks a lot. Come on..."

We crawled under the fence, be careful not to touch the wires, as they would probably shock us. Maybe even kill us.

We stood up on the other side, and we laughed.

"This is amazing! To imagine that we're one of the few people who have been across The Border! Let's explore a bit."
Emer dances around in a little circle.

"Well... ok but we can't go far."
I hesitantly follow her through the forest.

About an hour later, I tell Emer its time to go back.

"Ugh, fine. Let me at least climb up a tree to snap off a branch."

I give her a strange look.

"As a souvenir!"
she says quickly.

" Ok... be quick about it."

As I sit at the foot of a tree, I hear the crackling of leaves.

"Was that you Emer?"

"No... I thought that was you! I'm not even to the leaves yet up here!"

I look around suspiciously, and then sit back down. Again I hear footsteps.

Emer climbs back down holding up a twig triumphantly. Her smile fades as she stares at something behind me.

I turn around to see two kids standing in front of me.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•