You Will Be The Death of Me - 6

You Will Be The Death Of Me - Part 6

Justin

I winced as Annabelle pressed an ice-pack to my eye.

“That guy has one hell of an eye.” I told her.

Annabelle’s lips curved into a knowing smile like she was amused by a private joke. “Yeah, he’s actually pretty good when he’s not drinking.”

“Pretty good at what?” I asked her, confused.

“Fighting. He’s in a professional league.” She told me, dabbing at my eye.

My mind reeled. I’d just been socked by a moron whose occupation is a professional fighter. I was lucky the damage wasn’t worse. I was lucky those guys had pulled him off of me before he got another shot in.

*Third person’s POV*

Annabelle’s eyes were filled with memories of the past. She remembered how Jake and her had grown up together. She remembered how he’d always gotten her into trouble with her father. Annabelle would get so mad at Jake, but then he’d look at her with deep ocean blue eyes, filled with sincerity, and immediately she’d forgive him. Jake had always been her weakness.

Annabelle’s father’s wrath was not an easy thing to face. Annabelle was often sentenced to washing dishes in the hotel kitchen or helping the cleaning services out with cleaning rooms. Annabelle shuddered at the memory of the awful thing’s she’d bared witness to in those rooms.

Annabelle brought her attention back to the present. Justin’s eye was turning purple, and she pressed the ice-pack to his skin with confidence that the swelling would go down.

The boy seemed to be bad luck. He couldn’t do anything without getting into trouble. For a moment Annabelle was reminded of herself.

“I think we should head back to the hotel soon.” Annabelle said to Justin.

Justin eyed her sceptically. “Why?”

Justin had foolishly trusted this girl. He mentally chastised himself for it. Tonight was probably the worst night of his life. His career would be ruined because of the photo’s that’d been taken of him earlier in the night, and now he had a black eye that he would have to explain to George, his manager, only Justin had no idea how to explain. Justin sighed inwardly.

“It’s getting late and you can’t hide out forever.” Annabelle said, considering her words carefully. “I don’t want to take a chance that Jake might swing at you again- he’s pretty unpredictable at times. Plus, the longer we hide out the worse it will look to the press.”

“So you’re saying that I’m just supposed to walk into that hotel, with a black eye, reeking of alcohol, and pretend like nothing happened? That I’m just supposed to let the paparazzi take photo’s of me like this, photo’s that we will probably wake up to in the morning paper?” Justin let his frustrations with the situation spill out in his angered tone of voice.

Annabelle considered Justin’s words carefully. They couldn’t walk into the hotel with him looking like he did. They needed a diversion. And Annabelle knew just the thing! Kyle owed her a favour for the last party he’d had at the hotel. He’d completely trashed the room leaving Annabelle to clean up the mess and face her father alone.

Annabelle stood up and pulled Justin to his feet, a little faster than Justin would have liked – his head was still spinning.

“Come on, we gotta find Kyle.” She said and tuned on her heel, dragging Justin with her.

**

VOTE & Comment :) Let me know what y'all are thinkin'. xxx