Ch.2

^^listen to the song when she starts to sing^^^

Lucas stopped coming on the weekends, it's weird. I met his friends Juliana and Charli, they seem really cool. Zay's was a bit MIA when they were here but thats ok.

Pappy Joe told me that Lucas would be coming home for the holidays so I decided to surprise him for when he arrives.

I've been sitting on Lucas' bed at Pappy Joe's for about 3 hours now. All of the sudden I hear the front door open and close. The foot steps keep coming closer and closer to the door. Once it opens he doesn't see me but as soon as he turns on the lights and looks at the bed a huge smile spreads over both of our faces. Lucas runs and hugs me and I gladly hug back. My baby is home and who knows what could happen...

『☀︎』1:00 A.M 『☀︎』

I woke up with a shooting pain in my stomach. I gripped onto Lucas's hand while letting out a painful scream that was sure to wake up Pappy. Lucas shot up and looked over at me with a worried expression while I whimpered and clutched my stomach. Please Lord don't take my babies.

"Baby what's wrong? Are you ok?" Lucas asks but I couldn't say anything, "Baby, talk to me. Are you ok?"

I shook my head and Pappy came into the room looking at the situation at play. Pappy comes over and lifts me up and takes me to his truck with Lucas following. Another pain courses through me making me cry out in pain.

"Please Lord, don't take my babies away from me." I cry out.

I was placed in the back seat of the truck and Lucas climbed in just before Pappy sped off toward the hospital with his emergency lights on. The tears never stopped and the pain only got worse. Lucas looked into my eyes for the first time and it brought him to tears. The same thing went through my head on repeat: Please Lord, don't take my babies. We got to the hospital and Pappy rushed me into the emergency entrance cutting off an ambulance that was exiting the bay.

"Sir, sir you can't park here." Doctors and nurses started to protest Pappy as he pulled me out of the backseat.

"Please just help her. She's pregnant." Pappy urges fighting to hold back tears.

"We need a gurney." someone yells.

Somebody rolls over a gurney and Pappy places me down as Lucas grabs my hand. I can't bring myself to look at him; if I loose these babies it's my fault and he'll probably hate me. Another scream exits through my lips as I feel a gush of fluid flow out of me. Every muscle in my being keeps me from looking down in fear that it's blood. Another pain and another and another; it never ends and I can't even hear anyone anymore. I see a doctor looking at me and talking but I can't hear her or say anything.

The next thing I know I'm being moved again. Lucas isn't at my side anymore and I start to search for him. He's no where in sight so I finally find my voice.

"Lucas? Lucas?!" I scream out but it sounds distant and muffled to my ears.

Lucas's beautiful blue eyes meet my green ones as he grabs a hold of my hand. His lips start to move but I can't head him. Please, take me instead. A mask is placed over my mouth and nose.

I start to mumble repeatedly, "Please, take me instead."

Everything goes black.