Chapter 12. The Right Thing

Cathy and Kiara were standing in the living room getting ready to go to class when someone knocked on the door. Cathy opened it thinking it was Brent and was surprised to see Chris. She smiled and let him come in.

"Good morning," he told her returning her smile and then he turned to look at Kiara who was just standing there blushing.

"Good morning, Kiara. I thought...well since you told me you had morning classes, I wanted to know... if you wanted to walk to class together," Chris stuttered. He wanted to slap himself upside the head. What was wrong with him this morning? Yesterday, he had been all Mr. Cool and Suave, kissing Kiara and asking her to be his girlfriend, but today he could barely get a word out without looking like an idiot. He supposed he got lost in the heat of the moment yesterday and now as he stood looking at this incredibly beautiful girl that was now his, he could barely believe it.

Kiara smiled back shyly. "I'd love too." She walked over to him.

Chris took her backpack and draped it over his shoulder and then took her hand in his.

"See you later, Cathy," Kiara said mouthing "oh my god" behind Chris as they walked out the room together.

Cathy gave her a thumbs up and with a huge smile. She was so happy for Kiara. Chris was a handsome guy and he seemed to really care about her. Brent appeared in the doorway a few minutes after they left.

"Did you see Chris and Kiara together?" he asked grinning so hard all his teeth were showing.

Cathy laughed. "You are just overjoyed, aren't you?"

"You know how hard it was trying to get those two together?"

"Not as hard as us trying to get us together," Cathy told him with a smile.

"Yeah, that was a long year..." Brent sighed.

Cathy playfully hit his arm. "Stop it..."

He smiled and gave her a quick kiss. "Let's go. I refuse to let you ride Faze's motorcycle again if you're running late for class."

"Believe me, that will never happen again. I don't like fearing for my life!" Cathy grabbed her backpack which Brent took from her and they walked out the door together.

Lynette peeped out of her room after she heard the door close and then walked out into the living room with Sierra. "Good bye love birds, sheesh..." she said dryly. She turned to Sierra. "I guess it's just us single gals now."

"Yes, would you like to get together, so we don't feel left out?" Sierra asked teasingly.

Lynette looked at her. "I mean...you're hot and all that, but unfortunately I'm not like my cousin Faze. I don't swing both ways. I don't think I swing anyway to tell you the truth. I've been turned off by men, don't like girls. I'll just be an old lady with cats."

"I'm not so sure about that," Sierra told her as they walked out the room together.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, you already have a man, you just don't know it yet."

"I have a man? Who?"

Sierra stared at her.

"Randall?!!" Lynette yelled as they walked down the hallway. "Oh please! That guy is too much of a dog to like me like that."

"Well, he used to be a stray dog until he found his owner," Sierra smiled and winked at her, suddenly stopping as Lynette got into the elevator. She waved bye to her as the door closed.

"Hey why did you..." Lynette stared at her in confusion as the door slam shut.

"What stray dog?"

Lynette jumped and turned around to see Randall standing in the elevator. She froze.