Chapter 14: Rescue Mission

Y/n woke up to see that he's surrounded by darkness as no one was there except him. He stood up and tried to call for someone but no response.

Y/n: Where am I?

???: You're finally awake young man.

Y/n was startled by the voice as he looked around but saw nothing.

Y/n: Uhm okay, who are you?

???: I'm surprised you don't recognize your grandmother.

Y/n went wide eyes as he turned around to see his grandmother Lucy. The holder of the Ultimate Titan before she passed it to his mother and inherited it himself. He was close to his grandma when his mom was presumed dead.

Y/n: Grandma?

Lucy: Yes sweetheart, now come here.

Y/n ran towards his grandma and embraced her in a hug as she hugged him back.

Y/n: I missed you.

Lucy: Me too, how are you and your mother?

Y/n: We're fine grandma, how did you know she was still alive?

Lucy: Even if I'm not with you anymore, I have watched you and your journey. I'm glad you're reunited with Annie and found another one ey?

Y/n: Hehe yeah.

Lucy: Now I don't have time to chat, the reason I'm here is to tell you why they targeted Eren and not you.

Y/n: I wanted to ask that too.

Lucy: Eren has something that you don't.

Y/n: What is that?

Lucy: The power of the coordinate.

You stared at her for a few seconds until you realized what she said and went wide eyes.

Y/n: You are saying that Eren has-

Lucy: Yes sweetheart, Eren has the Founding Titan.

Y/n: That's why they were eager to kidnap him and not me. To be honest, the power of the Founding is above the Ultimate. It's practically a God at this point.

Lucy: Now, they are having a little break in the giant trees and resume towards the wall after they refined their energy.

Y/n: Okay then.

He then started to fade signaling him that he was waking up.

Lucy: I guess, you're waking up.

Y/n: Will I see you again?

Lucy: I'll see you again in our dreams. See you soon Y/n.

Y/n: See you Grandma.

He hugged her once again and finally woke up from his deep sleep. He sprung up seeing everyone busy preparing. Armin noticed him awake as he approached Y/n.

Armin: Y/n! You're awake. Glad you're okay.

Y/n: Yeah, so what's the preparation for?

Armin: We are going to the giant tree forest. Hange has a hunch they are there.

Y/n: Well I also have this feeling they are there. I'll go and get ready.

Armin: Okay, the gears are over there.

Y/n: Thanks Armin.

Y/n stood up and went towards where the gears are. He saw Connie, Sasha and Jean their checking their gears.

Y/n: Hey guys.

Sasha: Y/n! You're okay.

Y/n: Yup.