How to hide a body

"You need to get out of here," Tyler opened the door to the living room and walked towards Quinn.

"What?" 

"Look, you've got a whole life ahead of you. You're taking over your parents' company, something like this could ruin that entirely. Your reputation will be ruined permanently."

Quinn abruptly sat up from the sofa, letting the blanket fall to her feet, "and you don't have a life?"

"Not one that doesn't involve what my parents did coming to light."

Quinn stepped towards her, "you're nothing like your parents," she whispered softly, all the anger completely gone from her voice, "you could never lay a hand on anyone with the intent to murder them."

Tyler shook her head and gazed at the space between Quinn's eyebrows, "This is serious. It's not like all the things we could get away with when we were younger," she stared into her dark eyes finally letting her see into her mirror and the whirlwind  of emotions that she was experiencing, "we could get charged for murder."

Quinn's eyebrows furrowed as she frowned, "but we didn't do it."

"Do you think they would care?" She unlocked her eyes from Quinn's and instead glared at the ground as she clenched her right knuckled, "We've been caught red-handed with a body in our apartment with backgrounds full of stupid crimes. That adds up Quinn. Hell, they might not even need to investigate."

Quinn bit at her tongue drawing blood as she stood there silent. She clicked her tongue and breathed in, "then we'll hide the body," Tyler rolled her eyes, "just listen. We have no connection to this man. If they think he's just gone missing then they wouldn't come near us and there aren't any cameras in the area because they're getting replacements." 

Tyler sighed and massaged her templed as she went through their options until finally, she looked back over to Quinn, "I can't believe we're going to do this."

Quinn smirked in victory as she watched Tyler disappear out of the door before she wandered after her. Tyler avoided catching the body in her sight as she tugged the sheet off of Quinn's bed and threw it over the man's body. Her lip curled down as she watched the crime seep through and cover itself on the blanket, staining the white sheets that Quinn had slept on as she faintly felt acid build up in her throat again.  

"Check the corridors," she ordered as she started securely wrapping the blanket around the body. Trembling, her hands pulled away as she tied the last knot and she eyed the room, faltering at the stool in the corner of the room. She crept over to the corner and took a sharp intake of breath as she spotted what was on it.

"All clear," Quinn leaned around the door and shuffled towards the body.

Tyler grabbed her arm as she reached out towards the body, "Just say and you don't have to be involved."

Quinn slid her other hand over Tyler's, "we'll just both have to tick this off our bucket lists."

Tyler raised an eyebrow, "I didn't you know you put this on your list. You should've told me, then this would've been a lot more fun."

Quinn smirked, "I'd say it's the same level as the one you wouldn't tell me."

Tyler loosened her grip on Quinn's arm and let it go, "oh, believe me, mines far from this." 

"I'll decide that when you tell me."

Tyler's eyes flitted over to the body momentarily and then back to Quinn, "maybe we should be going to prison. There's something wrong with us."

"Oh, definitely," Quinn nodded.

Tyler rolled her shoulders back, "let's get this over with," she crouched down at the end of the body and lifted one end of the sheets, her veins straining in her arms. Quinn grabbed the other end wrapping the fabric around her hand a few times, "1,2,3." They shuffled towards the door, stopping for a second as Quinn lightly pushed the door open with her foot. Slowly, they walked down the stairs one step at a time with the small puddles of water leaving droplets on their shoes. 

Tyler's eyes widened as she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Immediately, she shoved Quinn and the body into the broom closet on the second floor with her following close behind. She pushed the three of them into the far corner of the closet; the air thickening with every quick breath they both took. Her eyes closed tightly as the steps increased in sound. Shoes skidded against the landing and someone cursed quietly outside the door. She held her breath when the steps didn't continue as a dull ringing pressed against her ears. 

One minute. Two minutes. Three. Four. Five.

The steps continued and Tyler cautiously opened her eyes, immediately finally Quinn's whose eyes shone with hesitant relief. She heaved the body back into her arms and pushed the door open, peering around the landing. She nodded to Quinn before they continued down the stairs and out into the front entrance of the apartments. They crept back behind the building and tugged the wall over the metal railings that bordered the small public woods. Tyler used the top of the railing to pull herself over, the black paint crumpling against her hand in flakes, and landed with two feet on a bed of leaves next to Quinn. 

They laid the body down against a tree and started digging the wet dirt with chucks getting crammed underneath their nails. Tyler cracked her knuckles as she stared down at the rectangular hole they had dug some of the dirt falling in crumbs from her hands and winced as Quinn placed the body inside.

Quinn dusted her hands off against the other, "well this is fun."

"Seriously? We're hiding a body," Tyler responded as she stared at the body in the hole, and suddenly giving in seemed so much more simple.

Quinn shrugged, "they'll just link it to all the other murders that have been happening lately."

"I wouldn't be so sure," Tyler muttered as she pushed the pile of dirt back into the hole with her feet sliding slightly against the damp ground. When the body had completely disappeared under the ground, she sprinkled leaves over the mud watching completely dazed as she remembered what laid underneath the ground she was standing on and what it could've triggered.