Closer

Closer 2

Sometimes one just needs to feel somebody a little bit closer.

After your intense sleep from cuddles the night before, you find yourself massively productive at work, and smiling more than you had been.

The forlorn wear lines on your face have dissipated for this instant.

It's a good feeling.

The contact had you energized, thriving on the human touch, and feeling more cared for and appreciated than you've felt in a very long time.

From afar, you speculate that these positive effects have held strong for Addison also. Or at least, some part of your mind would very much like to take credit for her being, even more, chipper this morning than usual.

Part of you wants to squeeze her again, and it frightens you a little, seeing as just the other day you'd been dreading her very existence. It's everything that Addison is to you; someone to envy, and yet someone to cherish.

When she's holding you softly you forget that you ever disliked her, and you realize at this point that the dislike was purely situational.

It was more of a 'mistress must resent the wife' sort of deal, rather than a complete character study of Addison Forbes Montgomery.

And then she surprises you with her offering of some additional co-bedding time later, and you're trying not to literally jump up and down with glee at the prospect.

You're going to snuggle with Addison Montgomery again, and it will be the highlight of your day.

By the time that you get to it, and you can tell that she needs it.

Addison is so tired, weary from surgery, and a double-shift from when a baby was born earlier than expected.

"Grey, good to see you," Addison smiles, and you see a flicker of insecurity in her eyes, as if perhaps she would have been disappointed had you not shown up.

"It's good to see you too," you whisper, as you head into an on-call room together.

You realize if anyone saw you walk in there that they might spread rumors and you'll have a lot of explaining to do, but you don't think about that now, as Addison takes off her lab coat, and moves to sit on the bed and hold her arms out waiting for you.

"How long do you have until?" You whisper into the dark after you shut the light off.

"Six hours, and you?" Addison smiles.

Six hours.

Your brain is whirring with delight at all the time you get to spend alone with her.

Wait, what?

"Oh, lots of time..." You reply, and then you bite your lip because you don't want to seem desperate, or overly available, but it doesn't seem too off-putting to Addison, who simply smiles, and welcomes you.

"Great," Addison smiles, as you take off your own coat, and sit next to the redhead.

The moment you hit the bed, the tiredness overcomes you, and you're filled with a sense of relief.

"Can I admit something?" You say to Addison, as she shuts the lights out, and she cuddles you closer to you in the dark.

"Sure," says Addison, as she plays with your hair.

"I've been thinking about this all day," you say, squeezing your hands together tightly.

"Me too," Addison admits softly.