Never lose hope.

-------(Leigha's point of view)------

We had failed.

Our attempt at saving Bard had failed.

The boats filled with armed guards had left this morning.

What more could we have done?

We tried, we stole all the bows in the armory, every one of them. What did we miss?

I sat at our wooden table, my head was cradled in my hands. I had sat like that for hours, not wanting to move, not wanting to leave the house in fear that I would hear news of my murdered uncle. I cried for hours on end, I looked a mess. Sigrid, Bain and Tilda were out roaming the town, searching for some piece of information, and thing they could find out about their father. They needed answers.

I had never felt so lost in all my life. I was completely helpless. Nothing that I could do would save the fate of my uncle.

At some time today.

My Uncle will die.

***

------(Legolas's point of view)------

I followed the trail of destruction that the orcs had left behind. They cut down everything in their path without a second thought. I looked around as I walked, always on guard, ready for an attack. Well, I was on guard until I saw her.

She stood on the rocky surface with a brave posture, as if nothing could harm her. Her forest green dress was flowing gracefully around her in the wind. She looked beautiful.

Then I had an idea.

I skillfully jumped the gap in the stones and drew my bow and arrow, hopefully this would scare her. Lets see how good your reflexes are now Tauriel. I thought with a smirk on my face.

She stiffened for a moment, had she heard me yet? No. She continue to look over the river, admiring its beauty, much like I was admiring hers.

Then in a flash, she turned with her bow raised, aiming straight at me. I laughed quietly at the look on her face when she saw me.

"I though you were an Orc." She simply stated, trying and failing to look annoyed.

I lowered my bow and put the arrow back into my quiver, "If I were an Orc, you would be dead."

She smiled. If I were to die at this very moment, looking at this Elf, I would die happy.

***

--------(Bard's point of view)-------

It had been a long night. No one slept. We were exhausted. We escaped the guards to our amazement, and we were about show ourselves to the town and surrounding areas-

Wait, the dwarves...

I turned and looked towards them, I hadn't thought on how I could hide them yet. They, too, stared to me with tired eyes, black bags forming under them from lack of sleep.

How could I forget? I sarcastically thought.

The lake was still thick with fog, hanging heavy around us. I gathered my thoughts and developed a plan, although I do not think the dwarves will like it. Too bad.

"Quickly, give me your money." I urged with a worried tone in my voice.

Thorin stepped forward and looked me up and down. "You will get your money when we have our supplies."

Smart dwarf, "If you value your freedom you will do as I say." My tone was calm.

The dwarves silently agreed with some nods of heads and gathered in a circle around a flat, table-like piece of wood. They complained and debated on whether they should throw me overboard, as if they would have the strength to do it.