CHAPTER 6 - CREEPS OF THE CLUB

Contrary to the ambience of the club with blasting music and fluorescent lights, the streets outside were as silent as a grave. Dark grey clouds had appeared in the sky warning of the heavy rainfall that would drench the city by midnight. The temperature had dropped slightly and the wind blew fiercely that sent a howling noise to echo around the area.

The long queue had scattered away by judging the bad weather and the club entrance appeared to be deserted. Once in a while individuals or groups would emerge out of the club and rush to their vehicles while dragging their overcoat closer to their bodies.

The rough weather, however, seemed to have no effect on the bouncers standing at guard. They had the usual blank look on their face and appeared to be unfazed when two shiny black SUVs stopped outside their club.

Four men stepped out of the vehicles and two of them came to stand near the entrance in line with the club bouncers. The other two men, on the other hand, went inside through the VIP entrance at the back.

Dylan and Markus walked through the dancing crowd towards the balcony, a part of which was already reserved for them for the evening. It gave them a clear view of the entire club and Markus pulled out his phone and placed it on the glass table. The screen had a smiling picture of the man, they were here to get their hands on.

"The fucker comes here every Tuesday night," Markus told his friend, whose eyes were already scanning the crowd.

"2 o'clock. At the bar" Dylan spotted the man, who quaffed down his whiskey and placed his glass on the counter in front of the bartender. The glass was refilled instantly and the act was repeated.

Dylan leaned back and rested his hand on the arm of the couch. His hazel eyes were fixed on the man who was passed another glass of whisky by the bartender. Unlike the other two times, he took small sips from his glass while laughing at something the bartender said. Both turned their heads to look at the left corner of the club where a couple was making out against the wall.

"The bartender and the guy over there kissing the girl are his friends. They make the explosives together. We only have the video footage of the drunkard in our records but, the CCTV cameras from the streets show that the other two helped him get inside our domain" Markus briefed it for his friend. He was about to ask Dylan how he wished to question the guy about the little stunt he pulled inside their company but, stopped when he noticed a waiter coming towards him.

"Good evening, sir. What can I get you?"

"Just some water" Marcus replied and waited for him to leave so that he could discuss the plan further.

Instead of walking away, the young waiter scribbled something on his notepad and asked again, "Sure, sir. Would you like to add some snacks along with it?"

"No," Markus told the boy curtly and sighed when he didn't leave immediately.

"Is there anything else that I can get for you, sir?"

"Yes, some solitude will be highly appreciated" Dylan moved his eyes away from the bar to glare at the waiter. Startled by the tone used, he gave the two men a short nod and walked away quickly.

Turning his attention back to the bar, Dylan frowned when he saw the girl with honey blonde hair standing next to the drunkard they were there to meet.

"Ain't… ain't that your Hayden from Leamington?" Markus asked as he watched the girl step away from the drunkard, who slid a blue drink towards her. Markus had seen her only once at Leamington from far away and he wasn't sure if he had recognised her correctly. But, the frown on his friend's normally expressionless face confirmed his doubt.