Chapter 4

Lana's pov:
"Now we are getting somewhere" Kai said as he made a cocky grin and motioned for me to follow him.
"Okay first we need to find a map and a place to get you started on a locater spell" he added
"A locate what spell?" I said, I have know idea what he was talking about.
"You know a... Ugh you can't remember okay you take some of my blood put it on a map and do a witchy woo spell and the blood should travel to wherever on the map the thing you are locating is, and in this case it's the ascendant." He said. And with that he turned and started walking.
We were walking for what felt like hours, Kai was ahead of me yammering about something but I wasn't paying attention. I was looking around, I knew this place was familiar, but I could not remember anything about it, until we came upon a little gray house. It was average size and it's grey whitish color toned out the dark green shades.
"Kai" I said but Kai kept talking and walking as if he never heard me.
"KAI" I said louder he turned around with an expression of annoyance on his face.
"I think this is my house" I said pointing toward the gray house.
"Okay let's start here then shall we" Kai said, and we headed up the porch. I opened the door and a familiar smell engulfed me, it gave me a sense of comfort and relaxation. I sighed out a long breath.
"Welcome home Lana"
* * *
"Okay we got the candles, and you found a map. Here's some blood to get you started." Kai said, he took the knife to the tip of his index finger and pricked the top. The dark red liquid dripped onto the map forming a little bubble, I exhaled and began the spell. I was concentrating, but nothing was happening. I said the spell but the blood didn't move.
"Kai I can't do this, I don't think it's working" I sighed I turned to him, but he just smiled.
"You know if you just concentrate hard enough it will work. I had a lot of little siblings growing up, and I just blocked them out with white noise" he said, he walked slowly closer to me. "just block everything out... and concentrate" he whispered, his voice sending chills down my back. I tried again this time I put all my energy in the spell. Once again I could feel my magic pulsing through me, and I could sense it was working. I opened my eyes the blood was slowly creeping across the map, heading towards Virginia.
"Well that doesn't seem right last time I saw the ascendant it was in Oregon" Kai questioned.
"Nope it's working" I said. All of a sudden I got a sense of where it was.
"It feels...so...close" I said turning and facing towards Kai. His face an expression of cockiness and confusion as I walked right up to him. He is a little taller than me so I had to rise on my tippy toes to meet eyes with him. I touched his chest where his pocket was, and his breath hitched.
"It's right...here." I whispered, and pushed harder on his chest I could feel something in the pocket as his chest heaved up and down. His face was an expression of shock, but I knew he was being sarcastic.
"Oh..very good." He said, his cocky smile reappearing.
"That's the ascendant?" I asked.
"The one and only" he answered.
"You dick!" I shouted as I hit him on the arm. "what was with all the mind games?!" I said again
"Relax it was just a test to see if your magic was precise enough to do the spell. Now I know what you can be capable of. Pack your bags were going home!" Kai said. I squealed with excitement and was about to jump into Kai's arms but stopped before I could. But I don't even know what home is anymore, I don't remember.
Kai took the ascendant and walked outside, he put it to his eye and looked at the sky as if looking through it. I giggled at the sight as he randomly found a spot stood there and then moved on.
"You know you could have just shown me the ascendant instead making me go through all that work." I said to Kai.
"Yeah but I wanted to feel you hand on my chest." Kai replied as he was walking. I just smiled to myself and started walking. I was looking around again trying to remember anything when I trip over something. I got up to see it was the newspaper. As I picked it up and looked at it sure enough in big letters of to the side it read "May 10th 1994"
As I skimmed through the paper something caught my eyes. The were pictures of kids and above it in bold read "Family massacred in Portland. " I looked through it as it said that there was a family murder and then only one escaped 22 year old Malachai. Malachai? Portland? As in Portland Oregon? something about that seemed familiar.
"Malachai?" This time I said it aloud, Kai stopped dead in his tracks and then it clicked in my brain.
"Who names their kid Malachai... It's like they expected me to be evil." He said as he turned around looking at me.
"You mean you killed all these kids!" I shouted, shocked at the thought.
"Hello, not everyone died." He said in a rude tone. "I had a soft spot for one of my sisters 'cause otherwise I would have cut her lungs out and not just her spleen." He said as he walked towards me.
"What?" I said, so shocked at what he was saying I couldn't understand.
"You can survive without a spleen!" He stated, like it was the coolest thing ever.
"Look" he said and came behind me taking the newspaper and showing me the pictures. "These two I hung up the stairwell railing, then I put a hunting knife in her abdomen. And him I downed in a pool, but he kept fighting me, and I was like I saved you for last you ungrateful ...little...anyway that was that." He said and walked away. Then he turned around back to me, he paused and then spoke.
"The Gemini coven did not take it to well when they heard what I did in Portland, that's why they banished me here...my hell."
Frightened by what Kai told me, I dropped the paper and ran. I had no idea where I was running to, I just wanted to get away from Kai, there was no way I would help him escape if he did that.
I was running through the woods when all of a sudden I ran into something. Kai stood over me his arms crossed and his face a mixture of anger looked down at me.
"You have got to stop doing that. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I have to." He said as I got up. I backed away from him tell my back was against a tree.
"I'm not helping you. Your insane, your psychotic!" I shouted at him, the fear in my voice kept up with every word. He took a couple steps towards me. My heart started to pound out of my chest.
"Sorry I'm not taking no for an answer." He said, and with that he grabbed my shoulders, his firm hands holding me. And with a sudden jolt he threw me back as my head hit the tree. My body fell to a thud and everything went black.