Chapter 1

BZZZZZZ!

My G7 Watch buzzed, letting me know someone was at the door. I sighed, seeing as my mom was making breakfast, she wasn't going to get it. I tapped off my PRO-TOP 5, jumped into the G-Control 2, and made my way to the first floor. 30th century technology is way more advanced than 21st century, obviously, but that doesn't mean it's better. I clicked a button on my G7 Watch and a model of a man in a suit made from light stood on top of my watch. I clicked it off before the alarm sounded signaling this person never entered our house before. I double tapped the wall next to the front door and undid each lock, then opened the door with the tap of a button.

"How old are you, young lady?" the man asked, his silver wrist indicated he was important.

"16, what do you want?" I glared at him.

"Could you come with me, please?" he asked, sending shivers up my spine, and not the good kind.

"Um, no way, freak." I was just about to close the door when he held up a piece of paper. I gulped and slowly took it from his hands. Paper was only used for very official business, and no ordinary citizen could own it.

"Zara, is it?" he smiled, knowing he got my attention. I never met this man in my life, how does he know my name? "You need to come with me. Now." the smile dropped from his face.

"Pancakes, who's at the door?" my mom called to me, using that stupid nick name.

"Mom... can you come here please? Quickly?" I urged, the fear evident in my voice.

I heard shuffling feet as my mom made her way to the door, and her jaw dropped when she saw the paper I was holding, which I didn't even look at.

I quickly scanned it over.

Zara Syntac,

You are being evicted from your home and family to participate in a life changing experience. You may never see them again, as part of the contract. You have no say in whether you stay or go, as your parent or guardian already signed this document saying they agree to let you partake in mission ADVENT 1. You will follow every rule, or you will be put in prison or be killed.

Thank you for participating in changing your country,

Jamison Addis, Neil Syntac.

I cringed at the last name on the document, tears swelling in my eyes. My own father, prisoner of the century, signed me off to science so he could get out of jail. I'm surprised they even gave him that option, after what he did. I showed it to my mom, who placed her hand over her mouth and started sobbing.

"You can't do this! Both parents have to sign her off, and only Neil did!" she screamed.

"The rules changed, as of last year. We will be taking her now." The man, who I assumed was Jamison Addis, said sternly.

"But, what about my clothes, and all my stuff?" I asked, fear welling up in my chest.

"You have an unlimited budget. You can purchase new items. Get to the voiture now." he hissed.

I hugged my mom and did the one thing I will always regret, "I will see you again, I promise."

That was a lie. My last words to my mom were lies. The door lifted to the voiture and I stepped inside.The seats started massaging me immediately, and before I knew it, Jamison entered the seat next to me.

"I hope you know, people would kill for what you're about to do." he smirked at me.

"I know not one person who would go live at a science torture camp for the rest of their lives." I snarled.