Forests

As we enter the forest are, Phil stops and turns up to face me. "Sit down, Dan." He says and pats his lap.

I sit down sideways and tucked my head under his chin, feeling my tears dribble from my chin and onto his shirt. He begins to wheel us further into the forest in silence. "I'm sorry for yelling that stuff earlier." I whisper against his chest after a while. "I didn't mean it, not all of it anyway."

"What didn't you mean, Dan?" He asks quietly, pulling the wheelchair over under a tree and wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't hate you. I could never." I tell him, snuggling closer to his body.

"It's okay, I shouldn't have hit you." He sighs, rubbing my arms gently as he speaks. "Even after hearing about your dad I went and did that to you. But Dan, you need to promise me that you'll never talk, never even think, like that again, you're too precious to leave so young."

I blush at his words and nod against his chest. "I'll try." I whisper with a small yawn.

"You tired?" Phil asks, rocking me slightly in his arms.

"Yeah." I mumble tiredly.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" He asks worriedly.

"Um, a couple hours." I admit.

"Oh, Dan, we need to sort out this sleeping problem." Phil says.

"It would be fine if I wasn't alone." I say truthfully. I try to be as honest as possible with Phil, I don't want to disappoint him again.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Well, I've always had trouble sleeping but when I was with you the other night I slept just fine." I explain, closing my eyes and feeling my body relax.

"Well, I don't have a problem with staying with you if it means you'll bad healthier." He says and I smile as I feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"It's no problem, Dan, really. I just want to make you happy and healthy." He speaks softly.

"You've already helped more than anyone ever has before." I tell him.

"Go to sleep, I'll stay with you." He whispers gently.

And I fall asleep easily. I didn't know people could fall asleep so easily. I hope I can sleep this easily all the time.