The Love Potion - Fighting Back

Chapter 9 – Fighting Back

To fight a witch I needed another witch to tell me how to fight a witch and win.

I wasn’t sure who to call on at the moment, I had two choices I could go see Zoë, the owner of the magic shop or I could go see the sorceress which Kevin and I had visited a few days ago.

Kevin………thinking about him brought back a throbbing ache into my chest. I had to forget him and concentrate on the task I had set out for myself, I knew it wouldn’t be an easy task trying to forget him but I would do my very best, it was no use crying over spilt milk.

It was 1 am in the morning therefore I couldn’t go to the magic shop to make enquiries; it would have to wait till the next morning. I climbed back up the stairs to rest, the minute my head touched the soft pillows I was out like a light bulb.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Brianna’s hoarse voice singing at the toppest volume she could master, I groaned and tried to bury my head in the pillow but I couldn’t block out the irritating noise she was making.

“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE HELL UP BRIE.” I couldn’t help but yell.

My bedroom door opened ten seconds later, “Hmm look who’s up; I heard you had your tongue down a boys’ throat last night.” She said deviously, I could tell this conversation was leading somewhere.

“So….” I snapped at her.

“So dad is out for your blood.” She answered with a huge grin. “I think you’re grounded until you turn 60.”

“I don’t care.” I replied dejectedly. I had bigger problems at the moment than this.

She looked astonished at my statement; she moved from the doorway and came to sit on my bed. “Something wrong Christina.” She asked quietly.

“I can’t talk about it.” I replied, suddenly I was so angry I felt my chest would explode, I rolled off the bed and stormed into the bathroom, I heard her say whenever I wanted to talk she would be available.

Humph no one could help me except Kevin but he wanted nothing to do with so I guess I was on my own. I took some more painkillers because my wrist was still hurting, it had now turned purple, I suppose I should let a doctor examine it, but I couldn’t go to my dad’s hospital because he would have questions plus I was in enough trouble as it was, if he saw this it would only raise more hell for me.

Thirty minutes later I was all set to go find Zoë, the owner of the magic shop, I had gotten her home address from a website.

“I should have done this a long time ago.” I scolded myself as I got into my car.

Zoë’s house was an hours’ drive away from my house, according to the directions I had gotten, she lived in an old inn which she had inherited from her parents who were also into magic, most folks avoided her place because they didn’t like witches, but in my case I could really use her help.

I had to go see her quickly before my dad came home, I wasn’t grounded yet but I think if he came home first before I did I would be in more trouble.

I came to a halt in front a large sign board that read “Zoë’s inn”. The inn was a three storey building brick house, it looked like an abandoned house, I say so because the inn was dead and dark, from where I stood I couldn’t see any light coming from any of the eight windows I was staring at.

The front yard had been overrun with sickly over grown weeds and the remnant of a sunflower garden which had withered; it was more like a haunted house. Nevertheless I walked towards the front door, I pushed it open and stepped into an average living room, the room had a large red sofa, a fireplace and a small TV, there was a counter in the extreme corner where the receptionist was supposed to be but no one was occupying it. Nothing in this place suggested there was another living person in this room; it was very quiet and unnerving.