CHAPTER 9

IT WAS Jungkook's second day after leaving the mansion. He sat up on his bed and stared at the quiet room he rented.

He noticed a red box on top of the bedside table.

"Eli." He muttered.

He stood up from the bed, went straight to the bathroom and washed his face.

It took him a while leave the room as he put on his aviator jacket. He stopped by a nearby bakery and bought two pieces of knead bread for breakfast. He also stopped at a coffee shop, taking out a tumblr of his black coffee.

The morning stroll on the town went just like that, receiving everything he had on his hands for free. The citizens of Jeju already knew he was working with Lisa and continuously gives him free services.

"This is getting annoying." Jungkook scratched the back of his head as soon as a kid approched him and gave him money.

Jungkook threw the money, the bread, and the coffee. He stomped his way back to his rental place and rode the motorcycle he rented yesterday.

He smeared the motorcycle and turned to the left side of the road, which is the way back to Lisa Manoban's residential house.

He arrived after a few minutes. The watch dogs infront of the gate opened and cleaned the pathway for him.

Just as he step foot inside the mansion, he immediately saw Lisa holding Chloe in her arms while playing with her big dogs.

Jungkook only stood there and watched the two.

"Say Lisa. Say it." Lisa started teasing the little one.

"Ah Taaah..." The baby spoke.

Lisa eyes widened, "Oh my God. Are you trying to say your dad's name?? It's Taehyung. Te-ih-hyong."

"Ta..."

Lisa tightened her embrace, "Gosh, you are so adorable."

The guy watching the two of them from few steps away, couldn't help but smile.

"You're both adorable."

Lisa jolted on her spot when she heard a voice behind her.

"J-Jungkook. When did you..." She stuttered.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe 5 minutes ago."

Lisa nodded, "Right. Do you want a drink? Tea? Juice? Coffee or—"

"Oh please. Not you too." Jungkook chuckled.

Lisa furrowed her brows, "What?"

Jungkook sighed, "It hasn't even been 3 days but I sure found out a lot about you in this town."

"I hope they're not exaggerating." Lisa smiled.

"Maybe." Jungkook pocketed his hands in his jacket.

Silence. Complete awkward silence filled the atmosphere between the two of them.

"Ja... Ja-ja!" Chloe suddenly spoke, stretching out her tiny hands to reach Jungkook.

"Looks like you missed Uncle Jungkook, huh? Princess?" Lisa handed Chloe to Jungkook.

But Jungkook hesitated for a mere second before finally having Chloe in his arms.

"Oh, you should hold her nape. Like this." Lisa held Jungkook's hands, guiding them for Chloe.

Jungkook gulped. Ever since he woke up from the hospital, he never really carried Chloe in his arms.