Reunited.

Mika has felt lonely without Yu. He often wondered if Yu had forgotten about him or if he just fantasized the whole thing.

~Time skip: 4 years~

Mika went outside to make sure the animals in the woods were safe and the environment was stable.  When he came back to his shrine, he noticed there was a bouquet of roses in front of his shrine. There was no note,  no sign of who they were from. 

Mika tried to pick up any scent of who sent them but all he could smell was the sweet scent of roses. 

~Time skip: Next day~

Mika was out leading deer to a near by lake. He gathered water for the berry bushes and other plants.  When he came back there was a stuffed animal fox with a red ribbon around it's neck waiting by a tree.  Mika smelt the stuffed animal to get a scent. The smell was unfamiliar and it slightly frightened him. 

~Time skip: Next day~

Mika stayed in the house. He was going to catch whoever has brought him gifts. 

He heard footsteps by the shrine. Mika quickly teleported to the front of the shrine and saw the one and only...

"Y-Yu-chan."

"Hey Mika..."

Yu had gotten taller, muscular, tanner,  and his voice was deeper. 
His clothes were not torn and his skin wasn't covered in scratches. 
He was now sixteen years old and looking perfectly healthy.

Mika felt like he was going to explode. 

"Yu-chan!" Mika yelled as he flung himself on Yu. 

Yu chuckled and hugged Mika tightly. 

~Small Time Skip~

The two sat across from each other, studying each other.

Mika looked the same but he grew into his sixteen year old body. He was still shorter than Yu. 

"I thought spirit's couldn't age."

"I'm a special spirit." Mika said with a giggle. 

Yu happily sighed. "I missed your giggle. "

"I thought you'd forgotten my giggle along with the rest of me.."

Yu quickly stood up. "No! I never forgot you. I promised."

Yu quickly pulled the necklace out that was tucked in his shirt.

Mika saw the necklace and let out a small gasp.

"I've never taken this off.  Every time I looked at it, I thought of you."

Mika's eyes started to water. 

Yu pulled Mika close to him and hugged the smaller boy.
"I'm sorry it took so long to see you. But I'm here now."

Mika nuzzled into Yu's chest.  He breathed in Yu's scent which matched the stuffed animal.  Yu had a new scent which explained why it was unfamiliar.

"Mika.."

"Yes Yu-chan?"

"Let's catch up."

Mika nodded.

The two talked about what has changed since the last time they saw each other. 

"A sister?"

Yu chuckled.  "Yeah. She's interesting actually.  Her name is Shinoa."

"Is she nice?"

"Yeah, she is."

~Time skip: A few hours~

Mika looked out the window.
"Time flies when you're having fun. It's already dark outside."

Yu hugged Mika from behind.  "I used to look out the window to see the moon.  I'd wonder if you were staring at the moon too."

Mika smiled. "I did the same."

~Time skip: Bedtime.~

Yu and Mika laid together in a pile of soft blankets.
Yu tightly wrapped his arms around Mika, not wanting to ever let go.  Mika nuzzled into His chest, loving Yu's warmth, scent, and above all, presence.

"Mika.. "

"hmm..? "

"I'm in love with you."

"...I'm in love with you too, Yu-chan."

"Be mine...Mika.."

"Only if you'll be mine back."

The two boys fell asleep in each other's arms.