The Viscount's fiancee [Anthony x Reader]

Title: The Viscount's fiancee

Pairing: Anthony Bridgerton x Female!Reader

Word count: 3k

Published: 7 March, 2021

Author: Heloise Daphne Brightmore

Notes: If you enjoy my stories, please consider donating and supporting me on Ko-fi. Of course, it's completely your choice, I will continue updating for free anyway :) Thank you <3 [ ko-fi.com/heloisedaphnebrightmore ]

Viscount, Anthony Bridgerton was known for many reasons. The Bridgerton family was wealthy and highly respected in the ton. Many mothers wanted to marry off their daughters to one of the Bridgerton brothers, but of all Anthony had the worst standing. He was dashingly handsome, very prominent and certainly well educated, but his reputation as a rake preceded him.

When the news of your engagement surfaced, even Lady Whistledown wrote of you with a great deal of respect namely as the woman who tamed one of the wildest Bridgertons. You just laughed it off, but deep down you felt somewhat proud. You have been friends from a very young age and since your families have had a long and close relationship, it was inevitable to grow close to the siblings. In your teenage years, however, you fell for the man's charm and humour, even his brooding moments. Although his proposal came as a surprise, knowing your relationship was always stranded at the stage of a friendship, when he kneeled down in front of you and asked for your hand in marriage, the amount of pure happiness you felt made you feel like you were walking above the clouds.

Hurrying down the stairs, you held onto the side of your dress before attempting to fall face down, but your clumsiness seemed to be greater as you accidentally let your dress fall on one side. Your own foot tangled up in the hem of your dress and the weight of your body pulled you dangerously close to the ground. In fear, you closed your eyes, heart pumping dangerously against your chest, anticipating a painful and loud landing, However, before you could have encountered the most embarrassing moment of your life, a strong arm locked around your waist, pulling your back against a hard chest. At first you didn't dare to open your eyes, you squeezed them shut, afraid of your saviour's identity, but the significant cologne reminded you of one very important person.

Turning around in his arms, you opened only one eye, peeking up at your hero. He wore an adoring, lopsided smile as he shook his head disapprovingly. You scrunched your nose as you opened your other eye and rearranged your expression into an innocent smile, trying to mask your embarrassment.

"I take it you were in a haste to see me?" he asked, his deep voice holding a humorous tone. Indeed, his arrival sparked such curiosity in you that you couldn't possibly wait a second more to slow your steps and descend down the stairs as though a lady should. You have barely spent a couple of hours apart, but there you were missing him endlessly, involuntarily bringing out a giddy little child within you. The love you felt for him couldn't have been more obvious and whilst you attempted to act less transparent, it never seemed to work. Anthony wasn't an oblivious man, nor were you the best actress of the ton.

"I was simply heading to the drawing room," you replied nonchalantly, trying to convince him that for once his presence didn't affect you as deeply as he already knew.

"I'm quite certain the drawing room is upstairs," he huffed playfully. Indeed, the previously mentioned room was upstairs and making yourself look as though you were a fool didn't seem to help your case.

"I was thirsty," you quickly added, hoping to stop Anthony from questioning you any further.

"Should you have called the maid, she would have brought the drink to your room," he added, his smirk growing slightly, enjoying your foolishness.