Chapter 3

"So, how long have you been fighting them creatures?"my dad asked me, rummaging through my broken jewelry box.
"Oh, um, since I got home." I said. He didn't say anything. "Really." I reapplied to show him I really cared.

"You don't know what they are, do ya?"he asked finding a heart bracelet and stashing it in his back pocket.

"No, not really. Um, that's my bracelet. Mimi gave it to me for my 8th birthday. I know what you're thinking........ How do I remember that? It was the year when Grandpa Mike was cancer free. I bet you remember that day too-" I was interrupted.

"No. I don't. I can't remember when we celebrated anything. I can't even remember my birthday." He said finding a piece of gum. "Ew, watermelon."

"Watermelon's my favorite.D-don't you remember?"I hoped he could be more aware of life around him.

"No. We need to go. Before your mom finds us."he opened my window and tossed out my jewelry box. What was so special about that jewelry box.

"Absolutely not! I'm not leaving!"
"ARHHHRR"the walker growled.

"Suit yourself!" He yelled and hoped out the window taking a lot of my possessions with him.

"Hey!!! No!" I can't believe he left me here. The door started to creak open slowly. "AH!" Everything went black.

Several hours later^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Hey, dad, she's awake." A young boy, maybe 14, said to a man with a large beard.

"Thanks Carl.Hey, can you hear me, little lady?" He said in my direction.

"I can hear you." I said feeling the small weapon in the holster.

"Is she up?" Said a woman with a gentle southern accent. She dabbed a wet cloth on my forehead.

"Yeah. We figured she'd be up before sundown. I'm glad, too. We could use another. She's already had some experience . I saw two dead walkers in the house. I mean, after we lost Tyreese. Man, things got bad." The man with the beard said.

"Sit up. Do you have a name?" The woman said.

"Allie. Allie Morgan. I'm 12 years old. Walkers don't scare me. Only tempt me." I told them with a straight face. I looked down and noticed my torn clothes.

"What do you mean they tempt you?"the man said.

"They tempt me to keep trying. I had to kill my neighbor. And I had to let my mom die. She was bitten, I guess." I said and scratched a bump on my arm.

"We've had to kill many before. Friends, families, enemies." The woman told me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. My dad left me. Not like, I dunno, left and never came back, he came back but left me here alone to die. He took my stuff with him. All I have is this gun. He must've been drunk. God, I'm scared." Tears came out of my eyes.

"Don't be afraid." Said a man who came around the corner. " God has a plan for everyone." He looked sad.

"Have I seen you before?" I asked him.

"Did you go to church?" He asked me.

"Of course. A Methodist one."

"I'm the priest. Gabriel."

"Nice to meet you."

"Guys,we have a problem."said the beardy man.

"What is it Rick?" A voice said.

"We're in a bad spot. We need to leave now."