𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝟿.𝟸

𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝟿.𝟸
'𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚏.'

Ashton looked around the familiars of backstage at the club and saw the group's outfits had changed

Ashton looked around the familiars of backstage at the club and saw the group's outfits had changed. She was now in a white long-sleeved blouse and an orange flowy skater skirt that went to her mid-thigh. On her feet, a pair of black heels, which made it extremely hard to walk around.

She checked on the boys beside her, and noticed they were in blue, pink and red suits. Luke's suit had long sleeves, and he had a bowtie at his neck. Ashton cringed at how unlike him it was, it didn't suit him at all.

They all still had their instruments, their guitars strapped around their shoulders, whereas Alex's sticks were in his left hand.

"Well, don't you look nice?" Caleb came up to them.

"Sweet threads." Reggie said hesitantly.

"How... How'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked.

Luke leans forwards, "That's your question?" He scoffed, fiddling with his tie against his neck. With a shaky breath he grabbed on to Ashton's hand tightly, looking down to see her skirt.

"I hate it." She whispered to him as she pulled the bottom of the skirt down, wanting to keep her legs covered as much as possible. "I'm so uncomfortable."

"I know you four aren't my biggest fans, and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming. But... I just put you in sweet threads, so humour me this one last pitch." Caleb cleared his throat. "Now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together? And believe me, everything you want, including Willie, is here. And on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. You soak in the applause for as long as you want. The connection that you will feel
with that audience will be like no other. I promise. Oh! Shh. Do you hear that?
They're waiting for you."

The four ghosts heard the applause coming from the crowd outside the curtain.

"What have you got against us? We've done nothing!" Ashton told him, gaining his attention.

Caleb moved closer to her, but Luke pulled her back, not wanting her to get hurt. Caleb waved his hand in Ash's direction and she winced as she was hit by a pain in her stomach.She let out a groan and fell backwards, her heels didn't help her one bit. The guys followed soon after, grunting as they felt it too.

"That one looked like it hurt." Caleb winced. "Now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the Orpheum bis your unfinished business. Do you really have time to make that mistake? I suggest you accept my offer, because the clock is ticking." Another jolt hit them, and Ash steadied herself against Luke and propped herself against his body. "Ouch! You know where to find me. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back!" Caleb entered the stage, and began to sing.

Caleb directed his words to the four ghosts as he sung to the audience, but caught glances at them whenever he turned around.

Ashton saw Alex's face soften looking at the audience and feeling their joy. Reggie was beginning to crack, but Luke and Ash were completely strong, not giving into him.