Chapter 12: Jess

I blinked a few times before opening my eyes. I looked around the room and the chair that I was sitting in before was still there. The ropes I had been tied up with were dangling loosely on the floor. I was laying down on a very uncomfortable bed. The mattress was hard with springs sticking out in places. My lavender coloured blouse was torn and so was a lot of the skin beneath it. I had blood covering my hands and my hair was caked with mud and blood. My neck and back were extremely sore from the night spent in a very uncomfortable bed. The room was cold and stinky and the only light was from through the bars of the heavy stone door. I stood up and walked over to the door. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I grunted and walked back over to the chair. As I plonked myself down, something grabbed me from behind. I jumped up and ran to the bed. I backed up against the wall cautiously.
"Calm down. It's just me." Daniel said from behind me.
I jumped and swivelled around. He turned on the light and I could see his blonde hair scrunched up on his head. He had a smirk on his face.
"I thought we needed to spend some time alone to get to know each other before we get married." He said.
Before I could move, he jumped forward and pressed his lips against mine. He held my shoulders so tightly that it felt like he was crushing my bones. I tried my best to pull away but he was too strong. It was no use. After about a minute, he threw me against the wall. I heard a horrible cracking sound on impact and a sharp pain dug through my leg.
"What the hell?!" I yelled at him.
"Next time, I expect a little more cooperation." He said and walked through the door. "Tanya!" He called before he vanished from my sight.

Shortly after, a girl with red hair ran in.
"Oh my God!" She said, clasping her hand over her mouth as she saw me. "Are you alright?!"
As she ran over to me, I attempted at shuffling away from her but the pain came again.
"Please, stop moving. It will make it worse. I'm not here to hurt you... I promise." She said.
I obliged in hopes that I could numb the pain as much as possible.
"What are you?" I asked in a shaky voice.
"I'm a faerie." She answered. "This is going to hurt a bit but overall, it will make it better."
She put her hands firmly around my leg. Light shone out from under her hands. To say it hurt would have been a massive understatement. I clenched my eyes shut but within seconds, the pain cleared completely. I opened my eyes and looked up at her through shocked eyes.
"I have the power to influence the mind. Trick it into thinking what I want it to. In your case, I tricked it into thinking your leg doesn't hurt. It is still broken though so you can't move until I get something to wrap it up with." She said and ran out the door again. She seemed nice enough and she took away the pain so I decided to do what she said. She came back through the door carrying a handful of supplies such as a bandage, a cloth and a box. She knelt down next to me, grabbing my leg and wrapping it in a white bandage.
"Believe it or not, before I went through the changing, I did nursing at university." She said proudly.
"The changing?" I asked.
"Yeah. It's where people who were born faeries begin to change. You usually get it at around twenty years of age for faeries. I think the average is twenty two for vamps though." She explained.
"I didn't think vampires could have kids."
She let out a low grunt. "Ugh! The lies humans have learnt to believe. Pretty much everything they have ever told you about anything in the Fey Realm is false." She said.
"What's a pyrotoser?" I blurted out.

She stopped what she was doing and looked up at me with terror in her eyes.
"Where have you heard that."
"Someone was helping me fight a bunch of little ugly creatures a-"
"Tevits. They're not pyrotosers." She breathed a sigh of relief.
"There was one in the front and it was a mixture of all different people and creatures. The person I was fighting with called it a pyrotoser." I finished.
Her eyes were now wide and her face was pale.
"It couldn't be... If the Dark Realm has pyrotosers... They're doomed... They're all doomed. If there are pyrotosers here, then you have no chance in battle."
"Why? What are they?" I asked.
"Pyrotosers are born as spirits. To stay alive, they have to find six body parts but no two parts can be from the same creature. They have to find two legs, two arms, a chest and a head. Once they have taken the forms, they last about a week. To keep it for as long as they want, instead of borrowing it just by touch, they have to steal it by killing the creature. Also, if they get certain parts with powers, the powers go along with the body part. For example, if a pyrotoser stole a vampires arm, then it would also get its strength. If one got Emane's head, it would also get his brains and intelligence. Some very powerful pyrotosers can take the shape of objects and turn more specific parts such as hands, fingers, eyes. Elites, which are the most powerful can turn body parts just from memory. If they want a sword for a hand, then all it takes is a thought and it is automatically theirs." She explained.
I was so overwhelmed with information that I was pretty sure my head was going to burst.
"Do you know how The Definer will die?" I asked with a shaky voice.
"I don't know why you'd want to know that. I'm assuming very few people will ever know who it is by name and most people will probably never even meet her. I wouldn't worry yourself over it." She said.
"Actually..."

Just then, Daniel stormed into the room.
"Ah. I see you've met Tanya." He spat. "She joined us a while ago but then I found out she was just snooping around to bring information back to her pretty little council members. I'm not complaining though. She makes a helpful little slave."
She grimaced at him and continued working on my leg. Much to my displeasure, the pain was slowly returning. Daniel walked up to Tanya.
"It's hurting her you foul, useless mutt!" With that, he grabbed her arm and threw her against the wall.
She screamed before going silent, laying on the floor. He walked over to her and kicked her in the gut. She gasped in pain. Before he could kick her one more time, I jumped in front of her bleeding body.
"Stop!" I screeched.
"Get out of my way... NOW!" He warned.
"No!" I spat.
He wiped the saliva from his face. He then picked me up and threw me at the ground beside Tanya. The pain in my leg had fully returned but even worse now. Also, my arm was aching now and I could see blood gushing out of it and onto the floor. He then knelt down beside me, lifting me up by the collar of my blouse until my face was level with his. He pressed his lips against mine, making sure that he made his point. He pulled away and shook me, making my leg hurt more.
"Kiss me back!" He yelled at me before pressing his lips against mine once more.
In hopes that he wouldn't hurt me again, I kissed him back. I didn't really kiss him, I just didn't object. He took out his phone and took a quick photo from the side. He dropped me back to the ground and stood up.
"Better. Dean is going to love this picture." He chuckled.
"No!" I screamed but he had already left the room.
Tears began pouring down my face and I painfully tucked my legs against my chest and laid my head on them. I rocked back and forward as I sobbed to myself. I felt Tanya's warm arms wrap around me.
"Why would he kiss you? Who is Dean? Isn't Daniel meant to marry The Definer? He's not meant to go out kissing anyone else."
"I am The Definer." I said, lifting up my head and looking at her. "I am meant to marry that evil monster but I love Dean. Dean is the only one I love. He will have no doubts that that kiss was real because I am meant to marry Daniel though. He's going to be so upset... I... I don't think he'll be able to forgive me." The tears began pouring down my cheeks again so I rested my head back on my knees.
"If this Dean does love you, then he will forgive you in a heartbeat." She reassured me.

I just hoped she was right.