Chapter 2

(DISCLAIMER THIS PART, IS THE REVERSE OF THE FIRST...

20 THINGS HE DID THAT WERE PERFECT

The night was still, the corridor silent. They walked alongside one another, neither saying a word, for no words were needed. Both seemed determined not to mention the implications Lavender and Parvati had placed in both of their minds. They turned left, right, went straight, and just walked, all while in silence. It was only after they passed a picture of a sleeping woman, slightly plump with dark hair, that Harry spoke.

"Interesting article."

"Quiet. Why do they..."

"They like to see you aggravated."

Number 23: Know what you're thinking even when you don't say it.

"Yes, most likely."

They fell into a comfortable silence once again.

"Do you hear that?" Harry asked

"What?" Hermione strained her ears, and in the distance heard a small sniffling noise.

"Sounds like someone crying."

They glanced at each other and then quickly headed in that direction. It wasn't long until they found the source of the noise. It was a small bundle of robes, long hair blonde hair spilling over the top, and quite sniffs of tears were coming out.

Harry crouched down and softly touched the blonde bundle, "Hey, are you alright?"

The girl looked up, revealing her tear-stained face. Hermione recognized the small Gryffindor first year at once.

"Nora?" Hermione asked, "what's wrong?"

She sniffled, "Hermione? Harry? Is that really you?"

They shared a look, "Yes it's us. What's wrong Nora?"

She burst out in tears and threw her arms around Harry. He looked surprised at first, and then quickly overcame that, and patted her gently on the back.

"I couldn't find the common room." She wailed, "And Filch's cat saw me, and I started running away, it kept following me and meowing." She sniffed again, and gripped Harry even tighter. "Then I ran into the classroom and I heard Flinch outside talking to his cat, and they went the other way, but it made me even more lost." She buried her face into Harry's chest, "It was so scary."

Harry patted her on the back, and said soothingly "Don't worry Nora, we'll take you back to the common room."

Hermione nodded.

"You will?" Nora wiped her eyes.

"Of course."

He helped her get up, and she grabbed his hand. Harry gave her a reassuring smile and began walking towards the common room. Hermione followed closely behind them.

"You know Nora," Hermione started, "We've had quite a few runs with Flilch ourselves."

Harry gave her a smile, " Yes, in fact, once we were running from him and his blasted cat, we ran into a huge 3-headed dog."

"Really?" Nora seemed to be feeling a bit less frightened now that Harry and Hermione were there and telling her stories of their not-so-distant past.

"Oh yes. It's name was Fluffy." Hermione smiled.

Nora giggled.

"That was before Hermione and I were friends."

Nora's eyes widened, "You weren't friends once? I thought you've been friends forever!"