CH 28: Love You More

Chapter 28: Love You More (Oliver's POV)

Half-awake, did I fall asleep in the forest again. No, it is warmer and more comfortable than that. But not that comfortable. Something soft and warm is in my arms. Without opening my eyes I run my hand over it. Whatever it is, it is fuzzy and soft. I lower my other hand. Coming in contact with soft smooth skin, I grip onto the ass that is in my hand.

I slowly open my eyes and am so happy to see that it is Leigh in my arms. I look around the room and take in the sterile white that surrounds me. Must be the pack hospital. Why am I here?

I pull Leigh closer to me. She has a blue fuzzy sweater on and no pants. That's my girl. There is a very large hickey on her neck over her mating mark. Lucky grumbles in the back of our head that, that better have been made by us. Her nose scrunches like a bunny in her sleep. I am so in love.

I feel the tingles of our mate bond spark where our skin touches. How I ever got this lucky, I will never know. I want her to wake, but I have too much explaining to do about why I left her for two months. I just want to watch her sleep for now. I reach out and brush a strand of hair out of her face causing her lips to pucker. She is adorably perfect.

Stirring in her sleep her eyes flutter and slowly open. Staring back at me are two black orbs with a green glow behind them. Jade. Shit. I may be ripped to shreds before I can even apologize. She doesn't look mad through. Instead, she nuzzles into my neck and purrs.

Lucky comes forward and nuzzles her back purring with her. We are so content at that moment. Then she lets out an audible gasp. "Lucky." She squeals with excitement. "Your back. I have missed you so much." Her arms wrap tightly around me then pulls my mouth to hers before kissing me deeply.

Not the reaction I was expecting but I like it. Not a single complaint here. She rubs against me and moans "Oliver." It takes everything in me to not fuck her hard right now.

I pant back "Baby Girl. I am so sorry. I love you, Leigh." She pulls back from me with a confused look. "What? What's wrong?"

Sighing as she leans her head against my chest before she speaks. "Two questions. Why are you sorry and why did you call me Leigh."

Her questions confuse me. I press my lips to the top of her head before I answer, "I am so sorry for leaving you. It was selfish and mean the way I left. I know I hurt you. I'm not sure why I am blessed to have you in my arms right now but I am eternally grateful." I cup her cheek in my hand and run my thumb along her jawline. The feel of her could not be any better.

"Huh?" She looks up at me as if I was speaking to her in Klingon.

"Leigh. There was never a bet. You were never a joke and... I love you so much. I could never fake that. Even if the Moon Goddess hadn't made you my mate, I would love you more than any man has ever loved a woman." She looks up at me with tears in her eyes and presses her lips back to mine.

I am truly happy to have her lips on mine but she didn't say it back. She pulls her lips from mine and kisses along my jaw. Before anything else can happen someone knocks on the door. She growls before pulling the blanket up to make sure we are covered and yells, "He's awake. Come in, guys."

Jace and Liv are followed by most of the other leaders. There are also two other people I don't know, a guy and a girl.

"Ollie man you have got to stop doing this to us," Jace exclaims. Doing what. And why isn't he mad at me. He was before. I know he was.

"Who are you?" I ask the man standing to Jace's right.

Leigh's hand is laid softly on my arm. "Oliver, we met Aiden the other night. He is Silver Crescent's new Beta."