Chapter Zwei

(German Zwei=Two English)

I felt myself growing conscious, my limp body gaining it's sense of touch and feel once more. I slowly moved my fingers back and forth, feeling the soft cloth under my hands and noticing the heavier weight on my body. I opened my eyes and rubbed the sleep out of them while trying to sit up, my body felt so weak and drained of energy. As I sat upright a throbbing pain made itself known at the back of my head and on my lower back. I let out a low hiss of pain as I rubbed my head and then tried to massage my lower back. I must've bruised those areas, since the more pressure I put on them the more they hurt. I tried to relax my tense muscles but I was to distracted with where I was currently located to care right now.

It looked similar to the room that my Grandad had put me in the other night, as I thought of that room I remembered what happened to me and what lay behind that large oak door. I gasped and hunched forward, ignoring the immense pain as I realized what happened, it was just a dream. It must've been a really bad dream no, it was a nightmare. My breathing was light and quick paced, like my feet were when I ran from something. I should've run like that when I had reached the oak door, but instead towards my room. I dug my fingernails farther into my hair and closer towards my scalp, I scrunched up my face and tensed up my body containing a scream and body spasm. My mental brick wall came up to push all the thoughts and images seen last night, for them to be pushed far away from my conscious and they needed to be kept away from my time now, then I made the mistake of thinking what other memories there were in my unconscious self, those included memories of Mom, Dad, Suzana, Erie, Salis, Carim.

My mouth parted as I let a sob spill from my lips as last night and memories from last month flooded my head and made me loose control of my mental stability. The weakened muscles that were strained relaxed and my lungs heaved as sobs coursed through my body with such un order and different times and strengths. I felt so overwhelmed, underwhelmed, no, I simply felt too whelmed to comprehend anything but my own self sorrow and pity. I hissed at myself at all this wallowing in self pity that I was currently doing. I disgust myself, so much that I started to dig my nails into my scalp, only stopping as the fluid and pain came. Bringing my hands before me I inspected them, the nails covered in blood and I could feel the fluid ooze down my forehead and neck.

I laughed guietly as I watched the blood slide down my fingers and under my nails. I felt like I was going insane, what happened last night? I walked down those cold stairs and-

My body froze as I stared at my room door, what if he's still down there? What if it wasn't a dream at all? I felt curiosity root itself in my chest and my legs itched to go down there again, whether it was a dream last night or not. I threw the sheet from my body, ignoring the blood stains all over the bed and got up. I stumbled to the door and opened it revealing the dark hall that's now lit by the Suns Ray. My mind was reeling back and forth between being dizzy, curious, ashamed, and empty. Everything spun out of control and my vision became blurry. Without thinking about it I stumbled to the hall bathroom and threw up in the bath tub.

I stood there for a few moments, my blood stained fingers grip on the rim of the tub tightening as I re-gained my balance and cleared my thoughts. No, my head screamed, stay away from that cursed door. It kept yelling at me, hissing, telling me that whatever I had dreamt up was not down there. It wasn't worth going into an old and empty basement of my Grandad's mansion. I'd probably get in trouble, but that's why I wanted to go down there. I didn't care if it was all a dream, all I wanted was to be noticed and taken a look at.

I needed some one to tell me that I was insane and a psychopath.

Gently pushing myself away from the vomit filled tub, the feet beneath me scolded my legs and kept me from falling. I silently thanked them before heading down the hall and towards the large staircase that lead to the main floor of the ballroom. All the old carpets and imported woods-work was now visible and so magnificent. If I wore a dress and there was a party, I would've felt like I was in a Royals ballroom. I would dance too, whether music played or not. Whether someone asked me to dance with them or not, I would twirl and skip around in my shoes that would burn my feet after two hours of wearing them.