Red Hourglass

I carefully made my way down the rocky cliff, a single step at a time as I inched downwards. If the last rays of sunlight hadn't fooled my eyes, a few trucks had clearly been seen travelling at snail's pace towards a huge crater-like hole just somewhat North of where we were taking temporary residence in. It was good exercise once in a while for my legs which had only been moving around that cramped space recently. Sliding down the cliff could have been an option if there weren't the suspicious number of sentries patrolling the area, landing would have made too much noise and alert any person close by that there was some intruder. I would prefer if I could get in and out safely and quietly without trouble or hopefully, not having to knock out anybody. 

Somebody coming to your right, from behind the first pile, he carries quite a lot of ammo and guns so be careful if you intend on knocking him out. He's going to patrol this area for 5 hours before the next instant shift so if you want to follow your time plan, it'd be best to knock him out. 

Wow, thank you for the contradiction. I rolled and squatted behind a large rock as the tip of a gun first came into view followed by a pair of muscular hands clad in black, whole strings of bullets tied tightly around his rippling muscles every step closer he took. My right hand trembled inevitably and my left shot at it to keep the shaking under control. Something was wrong here, something was very very wrong. Why would such strong people be sent to guard a normal dump of items not needed anymore in the Correctional Facility ? From the red dots blinking on the blue screen, there would be around 14 more around the border of the hole and 28 more on the inside but the most intriguing one would be the five flickering red ones which dimmed at times or suddenly brightened before the light plunged even lower than before. Five red dots which didn't move from their position while the others were moving around constantly, was this what they were hiding ? Would finding out what those five people were doing here, the odd heart-rates allow me to find out something more ? If so, why was X telling me to run while I still could ?

Yuu ! You don't know what you're trying to get yourself involved ! These people are dangerous, they aren't what you think they are, this person ... isn't normal !

" I don't care. I'm going to find out what those five things are, find me the shortest way and I'll promise I'll stay out of trouble, " I whispered silently as I chose a small spiked ball from my pocket and aimed at the person whose back was currently facing me. It would be easier this way, perhaps even less pain for that poor person who was going to have a spiked ball flung at the back of your head. It might hurt but it wouldn't cause any pain as long as that person didn't struggle back or resist the immediate control over the brain. I positioned the ball on my index finger and flicked it forward with my thumb, watching the ball sink into the person's head like it was made to do. 

You just took down one, you only need to go straight for the shortest path but Yuu, please run now. It's really going to get dangerous ... 

" It's fine X, one of the red dots I'm looking for just got closer --- just across this sentry. I'm sure I can make it back before he regains consciousness with enough time to take a sample or two if necessary, " I muttered as I quickly dashed across, following the compass on the bulky watch-like invention around my wrist and almost bumped into a pile of weird soft gooey stuff. 

I wished I hadn't looked up. 

I really really did wish so ... but what I wanted to seek was in front of me ...

" First they cut off your limbs and tie the ends of the arteries and the veins up ... "

Stop it. 

" Then they insert a metal rod with a sharp end into your neck, parallel with your windpipe and they just keep pushing it in until a hole is made in your lungs ... "