6/8

As you woke up, you were confused for a moment, wondering why Daryl and you were lying on something quite soft instead of the hard ground, until you smiled remembering where you were, the prison, your cell, in the bed with Daryl.

The cot was rather small, certainly not for two people, Daryl and you had to squeeze together, but you didn't mind it in the least. Daryl and you had slept curled up together night after night while you traveled, keeping each other warm and comforted, but not like this, not alone, and the intimacy that now you could enjoy had you smiling like an idiot.

You both had fallen asleep faster and easier than you'd ever done in all your months on the run. When you woke up, the dim light of the sunrise was starting to filter through the bars of the cell, and you were still curled up together like you'd fallen asleep. Daryl always woke up before you, but he was still fast asleep, and you were certain he'd needed the rest, so you tried not to move so he could keep sleeping for as long as he needed it.

Eventually, you felt him stir as he woke up and then he began nuzzling into your neck. You giggled when he tickled you, and you felt Daryl smiling against the skin of your neck. You knew that sometimes you laughed aloud, even though you couldn't hear it, and that Daryl really seemed to like it when you did.

You reached to take his hand, squeezing it and pressing it to your heart before bringing it up kiss his knuckles. He did the same, pulling back his hand still holding yours to kiss your own knuckles, that private way you told each other 'I love you'. He pulled back to look at you, still smiling, and you reached up to caress his cheek with your knuckles. He looked so beautiful. You didn't think you'd ever seen him looking so content and relaxed, and you loved it. You leaned up to kiss his lips and soon you were pulling him to you to deepen the kiss, realizing once again that you were alone in that cell, no reason to feel shy about the others being around.

Daryl's hips sank onto yours as he kissed you back and you felt something light in your belly. With everyone always around, you two had only been alone when you went out hunting, and then you both had been preoccupied with other things and on alert so walkers wouldn't sneak on you, so being intimate like that hadn't really been a thing between you two. Too many other things to worry about, too many other people around.

But now you had the semi-privacy of having your own cell, and as you felt Daryl's body over yours as you kissed him, you realized how much you wanted him. You weren't sure if you made a sound or not when you moaned into the kiss, you didn't care, as you pressed your leg against Daryl's side, trying to push him even closer to you, one of your hands gripping at his shoulder when his hips pressed harder against yours.

Daryl pulled away to look down at you, hovering over you, seeming a bit unsure and hesitant. You weren't sure if he wanted you as you wanted him or not, and you bit your lip, unsure about how to ask, how to tell him what you wanted, suddenly shy about it. Then Daryl nodded, though, as if he understood you anyway, and his lips went back to yours.

Without breaking the kiss, you reached down to take his hand and guided it inside your shirt. At first, Daryl didn't move it, but then he began to tentatively run his hand over your skin, his fingers creating goosebumps as he caressed you softly, lifting your shirt as he went until it tangled above your ribs.

You pulled away from him just enough to sit up and take off your shirt, since it seemed Daryl wasn't going to, throwing it to the floor and lying down onto the pillow again, pulling Daryl to you.

He looked down at you, his fingers softly trailing over your exposed skin, and your body arched towards him. He kissed your collarbone and then shifted lower on the bed, kissing your sternum and trailing kisses down to your belly. You must have let out some sound, because Daryl looked up at you smirking before he kept kissing your navel, making you gasp and writhe.